films recommended for residential

Guest eshenem

Guest eshenem

Hi,

I had three estimates from 3 different companies. First one recommended Panorama Slate 20 and 30. Other two recommended 3M night vision 25 and 35. They are about 200 dollars different. I thought the night vision is nice and I would be able to see through at night only if the lights outside are on. I'm interested in reducing heat and glare as well as some privacy during the day. Which one is better? Should I get estimate on different type of films?

What kind of questions should I be asking the installers?

Thanks,

Ethan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VOLTRON

both types of film are dual reflective and the panarama will work the same way at night if you have the lights on the outside. I havent seen either film so I couldnt tell you which one to go with. Both films are of good quality, but you have the ultimate decision for you will be the one looking out of the windows everyday. Chose the one that you like the best and go with the company you feel the most confident with.

Guest eshenem

vclimber - about 288 sq ft, 24 panes. I decided to have two bedrooms tinted and two smaller windows in foyer as well so probably around 300 sqft and 33 panes. I have taped the samples on window in family room and I think I like night vision. The panorama has more grey/bluish while night vision has more black color.

VO|TRON - you are correct. Panorama and 3m night vision are comparable. My dad thought Panorama has more thicker film. He has Vista mirage film installed at his house several years ago.

First company that gave me estimate for Panorama slate 20/30 is about 200 dollars less than third estimate (3m night vision).

Guest vclimber
vclimber - about 288 sq ft, 24 panes. I decided to have two bedrooms tinted and two smaller windows in foyer as well so probably around 300 sqft and 33 panes. I have taped the samples on window in family room and I think I like night vision. The panorama has more grey/bluish while night vision has more black color.

VO|TRON - you are correct. Panorama and 3m night vision are comparable. My dad thought Panorama has more thicker film. He has Vista mirage film installed at his house several years ago.

First company that gave me estimate for Panorama slate 20/30 is about 200 dollars less than third estimate (3m night vision).

That's about .65 sq ft difference in price. I wouldn't worry about it. Go with what you think looks best as long as the warranties are equal and you have confidence in who you are doing business with.

both have a high reflectivity when night time and lights on. I dont nkow why they even call it Night Vision :gasp

they are great looking films, but you will never get the benefit of looking out at night time mwith the lights with any film you choose or even glass. :thumb

Guest vclimber
both have a high reflectivity when night time and lights on. I dont nkow why they even call it Night Vision :DD

they are great looking films, but you will never get the benefit of looking out at night time mwith the lights with any film you choose or even glass. :lol

I was trying to be neutral but now that the 1st warning shot has been fired over the bow I would have to add a :lol too!

Archived