04 cadillac deville

Guest wesplank

Guest wesplank

Hey I really need some help on this. I dont normally get many cadillacs in my shop but today I did. Its a 2004 cadillac deville. I pulled it in the shop turned off the radio and began to prep the car. I removed the antenna off the rear window also. Did not reinstall it. I usually take to another winshield shop her so it gets put on and doesnt fall off. Delivered it back to the customer and just got a phone call from them and the radio does not work? What could have happened. Is it because the antenna is not installed. The radio seems to be working it just has no sound apparently. Thanks for the help

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing that it is because the antenna is not installed :gasp that would be the most obvious reason.

Why don't you install them after you remove them. Clean off the old double stick tape and install new 3M tape on it and that should be fine. Their on-star is most likely not working either. :thumb

Guest wesplank

I have a family member just down the street who installs them for me no charge but couldnt get it in today. Im confused because a cd has no sound eaither so why would the antenna effect the cd audio

Guest wesplank

yeah it was working and as soon as I pulled it in the shop the radio went out but I assumed it was from going inside the metal building. It does that on alot of cars especially thoses with XM radio. Im concerned about this issue did something get wet is there something about a cadillac deville you have to be extra careful with. . . factory amps speakers getting wet.

First thing I would do is install the antenna. Then check fuses. Then :p1ss and I don't know. I have been there before and don't like it.

One customer with an 83 C series benz told me that her door locks didn't work after I tinted her car. I gave her the number to a friend that is a locksmith. :thumb

:gasp Check the top part of the glass on drivers side and see if its unplugged the outside antenna is only for onstar not the radio

Oh ya that little tiny antenna button thingy way to go tintman :beer

Guest wesplank

I did unplug it and plugged it back in but even with it unplugged a cd should still work. the customer has the vehicle now so I cant inspect it myself but was hoping someone else has had this problem before

Archived