04 cadillac deville

Guest wesplank

Okay you tinted it...First off lets reinstall the antenna..IF that solves the problem..Great, if not...you have eliminated that out of the equation....Next, if the speakers dont play anything...and I mean nothing even when a cd is being played then..You eathier blew a fuse, or soaked the back deck and toasted a factory amp...Now mind you, sometimes these things happen....but I hav esoaked a few decks in my day and everything has been okay..even in caddys....

When you get the car again just check everyhting...Narrow down everything you did and rule out what could be the problem...and a multi Meter..they come in handy if you know how to use it ;)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest wesplank

same here tinted thousands and thousands and never had a problem like this? I have found a replacement amp for cheap if thats the issue. If I have no sound I know it has to have something to do with the amp not turning on. hopefully its a fuse or maybe it will dry out like the other guy said. I was looking on my manufacturers tech site and found no bulletins on this issue thanks alot. I will let everyone know the outcome for future ref.

If anyone else knows anything please respond!

Guest SlammedNiss

Not that this is the same, but I tinted a Cavalier once, where the customer had installed their own subs/amps in the trunk. Now, I don't make it a habit to look through customers' cars, so I didn't know it was even in there. They called a couple days later saying that I had fried their amp because of the water. I try explaining to them that I was unaware it was even there, so I won't accept any fault. I go through the "you have to use water to install the film, and yes, things get wet" speech, but she was just being a royal PITA.

So, I find out a few days later that she ended up taking it to one of the local stereo shops to have them look at it. She told the stereo shop how I competely screwed up her amp, and she wanted them to prove it was my fault. Of course, I know the owner of said stereo shop, so he filled me in on what was going on.

It ended up being a blown fuse under the hood. The reason for the blown fuse? When her boyfriend installed the amp, he ran the power wire through the fender and it shorted out on the metal.

I'm still waiting for the customer to call and apologize. Should I continue holding my breath?

Not that this is the same, but I tinted a Cavalier once, where the customer had installed their own subs/amps in the trunk. Now, I don't make it a habit to look through customers' cars, so I didn't know it was even in there. They called a couple days later saying that I had fried their amp because of the water. I try explaining to them that I was unaware it was even there, so I won't accept any fault. I go through the "you have to use water to install the film, and yes, things get wet" speech, but she was just being a royal PITA.

So, I find out a few days later that she ended up taking it to one of the local stereo shops to have them look at it. She told the stereo shop how I competely screwed up her amp, and she wanted them to prove it was my fault. Of course, I know the owner of said stereo shop, so he filled me in on what was going on.

It ended up being a blown fuse under the hood. The reason for the blown fuse? When her boyfriend installed the amp, he ran the power wire through the fender and it shorted out on the metal.

I'm still waiting for the customer to call and apologize. Should I continue holding my breath?

:lol there wouldnt be a tinter left in the world if we all held our breaths awaiting an apology on something like that

just like other people noted, antenna is for on star. Get the car back in your shop and pull the panels in the trunk to see if you got the amp wet? Either needs to dry out or you fried it. Those babies are expensive though. good luck. :lol If you got wet next time just lay towels on top of amps or ease up on water on caddys,bmw's,and benz.

If the stereo is a Bose the amp would be in the trunk and could have possible burnt out the system, if it's not a Bose system it would be something else. Some cadillacs have another amp under the center console, check that one too if it has it. Start checking ebay, it's your best chance for finding the amp or head unit at a reasonable price or strip the back window and take it to the dealer and say it's defective :lol

Archived