offering warranty

Guest vclimber
that is the film warranty from the manf. all auto and resedential are lifetime, and commercial application is 10year, all my work is lifetime, I thought all manf. warranties were laid out like that :hmmm mabye not :hmmm

Some commercial films are 15yr now. They keep raising the bet...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VaTinterPMan

lets see the lifetime is just a selling point for use to offer. The dyed films are not going to last a life time you can ask any truthful tinter and that is what will be told. with metallic I would put my money on them but u never know 10 15 20 30 who knows this stuff hasnt been out that long thats why they keep bring out knew stuff. The lifetime truly means the lifetime u own the car esp for dyed. I just got my madico charcol in today and I cant wait to try it out and see how I like the shrinkability and feel of it. :hmmm

Guest VaTinterPMan

And who knows the older ones in the field I mean. What was the warr. back in the day like 70's 80's 90' when did lifetime come out. good question I would like to know. and how much did things cost back in the day??????????????????????????

I have never understood that mentality. PLEASE enlighten me as to why you would choose to take a sizeable hit on your price ($ 60 or more) while saving a few dollars per car in materials? Cheap film is really only $10 or $20 dollars less per vehicle, yet I see people taking an $80 or more hit on the price. GUYS!! It's the same amount of skill and labor, no matter what you apply!

My price is based on my skill and experience, rather than on the fact I only sell high quality tint.

Tint Shop Owner: My retail price is $---.xx per vehicle. I just did a vehicle for $xx.xx dollars. I shaved $80 off my price, but HEY! I saved $20 in materials!!! :gasp:lol

Key West,

Preach on brother, man I have been saying that for years. Evidently the guys doing the "any car $99" didn't fare well in math class. It is almost impossible to save enough to justify tinting cars for nearly half price.

Example: These price are just made up and not real they are just for example and should be reaching close to the extremes of cheap tint prices and higher end prices.

20" roll any shade cheap tint $50

20" roll any shade high grade $150

OK lets say you use the 20" roll for the whole car and you do a two piece rear window with both cheap and high grade films and lets say that after different cars both four and two doors the average car usses 20 linear feet of film, again this is just an example. That means each roll gets you 5 cars. Film cost for the cheap film is $10 per car with the tint cost for high grade at $30 per car. Alright now lets say you tint alone with no help and you can really bust'em out, your in the goove and do all five cars that one roll wiill alow you to do and you do all five in one day, you have your sign out front for "any car $99" Ok that is a total of $495 for the day and with you tint cost of $50 that is $10 for each car your total profit for the day is $445 and you have not film left over for tomorrow.

Now lets see about the other way with high grade film and say a price of $179 per car but since your price is higher lets say out of the same 5 quotes only 3 of them dedided to let you do thier cars. So three cars at $179 brings you to a total of $537 for the day minus $90 tint cost and that is $30 for each of the three cars you tinted bringing your profit for the day to $447 plus......you have enough tint left to do two more cars tomorrow and your day was way less crazy since you only did 3/5 the work and still made the same money. I would rather make a little less even just to have a smooth easy day because for me 5 cars a day would be humpin it but 3 can be done fairly smooth with less stress of hurry hurry hurry.

I realize this is just an example because cheap tint aint that cheap and high grade tint can be had for less so I used these extremes just for examples so it is easier to see the comparison. I also realize that there are factors that make up millions of variables that cant be taken into account by one example

And who knows the older ones in the field I mean. What was the warr. back in the day like 70's 80's 90' when did lifetime come out. good question I would like to know. and how much did things cost back in the day??????????????????????????

Back in the days when the industry got going, (early 70's) flat glass was a standard 5 year term on materials and labour (well at least it was downunder).

Very fair, very honourable and was never questioned by the thousands of sale customers.

Film per square foot was about 15c USA here in OZ for standard reflective silver 20 or Bronze 15. :gasp

But the important thing to remember is that we as sellers and they as customers never had an issue with warranties because they were meaningful with integrity. Not like the BS we have to suffer today.

Devil

Name stuff on new cars that have a lifetime warranty? .........................................................hum........... window tinting and.............................................................................

....................................................................... :dunno

Name stuff on new cars that have a lifetime warranty? .........................................................hum........... window tinting and.............................................................................

....................................................................... :lol

Not on new cars but Auto Zone, O-Reilly and Advance Auto parts (local down here} have many lifetime warranty parts. Auto Zone has been peddling their crap with lifetime warranty for years, betting that the average customer will loose the reciept or get rid of the car before they can use said waranty! :dunno

Archived