shrinking side windows

after I shrink the bottom of the film on the side windows, I install it and most of the time I dont have any little fingers pop up from under the gasket, but other times on some cars I do, how can I avoid not getting those fingers I have to shrink on the inside, its such a pain. should I maybe shrink the bottom as usual and then pull it down and shrink the top of the film?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I now move any and all fingers to the TOP of the window now which makes it much more accessible with the heatgun and keeps it away from the inside of the door panel if needed :beer

yah but im tucking the film, how would I move the fingers to the top if I dont know if any fingers will pop up untill I roll the window up thentuck the film down the seal and squeegie..? then I really dont wanna roll down the window right to move those fingers to the top right?

I don't think you can avoid it. Shrinking from the outside b4 installing will usually get the majority of the fingers but I find you'll still have to shrink some on the inside on certain vehicles. Popping the door panel off would probably help because of water seeping back into the film from panel holding water but will be more time consuming.

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

it all works out in the end. most cars don't need alot of shrinking on the sides anyway. practice will make you better at being able to judge how much you need to shrink on the sides

Archived