shrinking side windows

TW you would have to say the same thing about shrinking then :krazy

Definitely not ..over time stretching a film into place rather than "minor" shrinking on doors will last longer over time IMO

This is not to be confused with shrinking a back glass vs multi piecing it. Even though most tinters 1 peice now as compared to multi..I still believe multi peice will last longer due to no shrinking ..again , it's just an opinion based on personal observation over the yrs :krazy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey WILLLEEEEEE......Do you refuse VW Bugs, 3000GTs/Stealths, or corvettes, just to name a few? I once knew a guy who said he could do a 3000GT side without shrinking. MAYBE he could, but WHY in gods name would you want to :krazy:krazy ? Other than bragging rights?

:krazy I see by your other responds you saw my reasoning. We just dont get them here.

YOu know me I dont get into the dmcs on tint so it wasnt anything about bragging rights.

Ive done 1 vette in the last 5 years, havent seen a stealth since the pull and stretch period.

And Ive only done about 7 or 8 bugs and no I didnt heat the sides :lol2

Definitely not ..over time stretching a film into place rather than "minor" shrinking on doors will last longer over time IMO

This is not to be confused with shrinking a back glass vs multi piecing it. Even though most tinters 1 peice now as compared to multi..I still believe multi peice will last longer due to no shrinking ..again , it's just an opinion based on personal observation over the yrs :krazy

:krazy agreed

Willie-why wouldnt you heat the sides on a bug? :krazy I hadly heat the sides on most cars but the bug,vettes,and any that need it I do! :krazy

:krazy personal preference I guess -Speck gets in my azz all the time about not heating

door glasses if it looks like they need it.

I agree it slows me down but I guess old habits are hard to break.

Guest VaTinterPMan

Ok so heres the question then..........Out of the tint we all remove as a team. How many one piece back glass do youll remove with film failure. as side fingers poping up and whatnot ( not purple film. The fare share of one piece back glass I have removed where film failure. more of the two pieces have not had film failure they are more intack to the windows.

Ok so heres the question then..........Out of the tint we all remove as a team. How many one piece back glass do youll remove with film failure. as side fingers popping up and whatnot ( not purple film. The fare share of one piece back glass I have removed where film failure. more of the two pieces have not had film failure they are more intact to the windows.

Aside from film quality as major factor..it's the severity of the shrink that is the key .

Example : If you heatshrink a Mazda 3 sedan back glass (little shrinking stress) and let it age out in the sun compared to a Beretta or 4dr Cutlass (extreme shrinking) for the same amount of time using the same film..the latter 2 will come back to you with problems B4 the Mazda.

Archived