Warranty

Guest 21st Century Tints

Guest 21st Century Tints

Does anyone really claim on warranty.

If a customer comes in with a window that they want done under warranty would you just replace it at your cost or would you claim off the supplier?

Does anyone really claim on warranty.

If a customer comes in with a window that they want done under warranty would you just replace it at your cost or would you claim off the supplier?

I honestly cant remember the last warranty claim that I had, (knock on wood). I have had come backs, but they were usually due to something I did, not film related. If someone came in with a door glass or something simple, it probably isnt worth the trouble, but a hole vehicle or flat glass job, yes I would do the claim.

So theres another question, if you have a film failure of any kind on one glass, and everything else looks fine, do you warranty all of the windows done with that film on that job, or just the one glass and hope they dont keep coming back one window at a time?

Guest 21st Century Tints
I honestly cant remember the last warranty claim that I had, (knock on wood). I have had come backs, but they were usually due to something I did, not film related. If someone came in with a door glass or something simple, it probably isnt worth the trouble, but a hole vehicle or flat glass job, yes I would do the claim.

So theres another question, if you have a film failure of any kind on one glass, and everything else looks fine, do you warranty all of the windows done with that film on that job, or just the one glass and hope they dont keep coming back one window at a time?

I claim on flat glass and I would claim on a whole car.

But 1 window like you say is hardly worth the trouble.

Thats wierd because I have had 1 window fail and the rest of the car was fine :beach

I claim on flat glass and I would claim on a whole car.

But 1 window like you say is hardly worth the trouble.

Thats wierd because I have had 1 window fail and the rest of the car was fine :beach

I use to have just the back glass fail years ago, but I no longer carry that film.

Guest Key West
We dont. We only have a handfull of warranty jobs every year. We just take care of them ourselves.

And THAT is exactly what the MFGR's are banking on. I'd bet that if we all filed a warranty claim each and every time, we might see the demise of the lifetime warraty ( BUT then,.... They'd probably be like the Insurance co's and raise our rates :krazy ) No win situation!

Archived