CLEAR-PLEX

your talkin about a BIG rock...this stuff is THICK.

unless someone is butthole'in a bigrig loaded with concrete and gets hit ...ok then.

you get a chip with this stuff...peal off and repair the chip...no crack. save the shield.

I'm still testing...management is waiting for for a real test...they got all kinds of things in mind.

but not on my car....I'm gonna baby this stuff... :dunno

:thumbdown

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4mil is thick...for an auto....exterior even....its gonna help....better than nothin... :thumbdown

and this stuff is real clear....real clear. I'v heard talk about this stuff for many years...I'm just glad we are able to get our hands on it, and try it out.

:dunno

Guest haroldshouseoftint
your talkin about a BIG rock...this stuff is THICK.

unless someone is butthole'in a bigrig loaded with concrete and gets hit ...ok then.

you get a chip with this stuff...peal off and repair the chip...no crack. save the shield.

I'm still testing...management is waiting for for a real test...they got all kinds of things in mind.

but not on my car....I'm gonna baby this stuff... :dunno

:lol2

no need to peel off, you can repair through the clearplex, just take a syringee (spell check) and shoot the resin in and put the uv light on it :thumbdown

1500.00$ shield....yea, Lease...yea, They will pay... :dunno

Tinters can make money on this ...if the product holds up...I hope that it will.

We can hit every high end buyer in the wallet...one more time.... :klingon

:lol2

no need to peel off, you can repair through the clearplex, just take a syringee (spell check) and shoot the resin in and put the uv light on it :lol

did not know that... :klingon

:thumbdown

Guest VaTinterPMan

ok so how long did it take you to shrink the shti to the window? one heat gun or dual? new windsheild? and if so you should talk to the local glass shop and everytime they sell a knew windsheild to tell the customers that you are putting on a clear film to help avoid against damaging new windshilds?

Guest firstglass

Tintzeus, we got a sample today, were in the Uk, so I agreed with the rep, that we will try it on our new van for 6months, to see what happens, we are a glass replacement company, and im doubtfull it will last long here in the Uk climate, but if it does the implications will be good, with high end car dealerships wanting a new extra to offer the customer, also the rep from madico told me the aproached several tint companys here in the Uk about a year ago and there was little if no interest, I never heard of clear-plex before your post so many thanks.

Archived