2 layers silver 20

Guest VOLTRON

Guest VOLTRON

I have a customer I put silver 20 on thier windows (dealership sales tower) and now they want something darker. Actually want zero light coming in the top windows. The bottom windows are 5x6 and top windows are 5x5. I know I wont be able to warranty it with 2 layers of silver 20 but what would be safer? 2 layers of silver 20 or put blackout on the outside of the windows? Or any other suggestions maybe.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VOLTRON

yea I did this job last year and already got paid. The sun being in the south is what is bothering them. Its not for privacy it is that the sun is right in all the sales managers faces during the day and they can hardly see the computer screens.

They are supposed to be moving to a new dealership next year so how it will look in a year is ok. I am just wondering what would be safer. Should I do exterior blackout or do you think 2 layers of 20% would be safer for dual pane. With 2 layers of 20 make it 4%?

Guest haroldshouseoftint

depending on the 20% silver, and AR it should be fine, I have done a layer of 20% bronze and gone over it with SL180 to make it dark and had no problems with breakage or seal faliure :krazy but V climber is the man to ask about flatglass stuff my exp. in flat glass is limited to about 5 years :krazy

Archived