2 layers silver 20

Guest VOLTRON

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VOLTRON

the dood wanted 0 sun comming in from the top windows, and wanted me to R&R 350 sq and install a dual reflective 5% and wanted it done for under $800. I laffed and said well it will be about twice that. People dont understand dual pane and they want whatever they want and if you cant do it for them yer an idiot by thier standards. I told him I can do whatever you want but you wont get a warranty on the blackout or dual layer.

Guest VaTinterPMan

Ive put 20% atr then another 20% atr on that and it stuck like a champ. it took a lil longer to dry. but that was auto not flat dont know if it makes a diff I dont do to much res.

Guest TintPoser
I have a customer I put silver 20 on thier windows (dealership sales tower) and now they want something darker. Actually want zero light coming in the top windows. The bottom windows are 5x6 and top windows are 5x5. I know I wont be able to warranty it with 2 layers of silver 20 but what would be safer? 2 layers of silver 20 or put blackout on the outside of the windows? Or any other suggestions maybe.

Solyx makes a opaque silver. It would have like a 95% reflectance and lses than 1% light transmision. Single layer

Guest filmdit
Solyx makes a opaque silver. It would have like a 95% reflectance and less than 1% light transmission. Single layer

I thought, gees that's phenomenal, until I went there for myself, TP.

http://www.decorativefilms.com/OnlineCatal...ge4NewFilms.htm

95% = 85%

2% VLT

It is 98% metalized, which is a substantial amount of coating... not tin foil yet! :lol2:lol2

They have many more decorative films available now since my last visit to the site. :thumb

www.gilainc.com has many deco choices that seem to come from the same source as Decorative Films' Solyx offering. I have the White Bamboo on my office door's window... in multi-layers to give it depth. :thumb

Archived