VW Caddy

Guest Oscar Tint

Guest Oscar Tint

Need some help guys. I have to put security film in one of these. I want to take the door panels off. They should be the same as the new Golf. Can anyone please tell me how to remove them?

Guest Oscar Tint

Ok, I just have to do it with half backing sheet (is that the term you guys normally use?).

With the thinner film there is no problem. I thought with the security film it could be harder to tuck into the edges because it is easier to crease the film.

Guest haroldshouseoftint

those look kinda easy, the door panels shouldn't have to come off, have you done a VW Bug, you can get the bottom seal out with the door panel on, I would look into going that way first, especially if you are doing security film, either that or use a gasket wizard to pull top part of the panel back enough to slide the film behind.

Hope that helps :beer

Guest Oscar Tint

Thanks Tintman, yeah I've done the Bug, it was much easier to pull the gasket out than the Golf without removing the door panels :DD

I've only ever tried removing the gasket on the Golf once and unsuccessfully (front door especially with the hidden screws at the top somewhere). And ever since always have done half backing sheet. Though I'm a little worried this time because of the type of film I'll be using. :krazy

I guess there is always a first time for everything :trustme

Guest Oscar Tint

Damn it, you are absolutely right Tintman. You can pull the panel back on the Golf just like the buggy after removing one screw :dunno . Sorry for doubting you.

Unbelievable after I've done so many of these Golf/Jetta and Caddy I never even knew. I've always assume it is easier to tuck than trying to remove the bottom seal :dunno .

Anyways I'm rapped, did the Golf today. I timed myself, took 35mins to do the back glass in one piece :dunno . I remember the first time, it took me 1hr and 15mins. I guess practice makes perfect :dunno .

Archived