ATR 35 on FLAT GLASS

Guest RCOOTE

Guest haroldshouseoftint
If the glass breaks, are you willing to pay for a new window or do you want the MFG to do it? :beer

:lol2:lol2 that would be a good one turn in a warranty on your own house :lol2:lol2

I have done auto film on FG windows before, but the weather swings out here are not as severe as they are in Canada :beer I am not sure I would trust auto film on that or not,but like Dark Dan said, just get some FG film from one of us on here :beer

:nope

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the offers guys.. I'm ordering some DR 35 soon and doing the whole house. I just had an itch to tint my house today.... lol...

I have a guy who wants me to do his house and his moms house. I'm trying to get him to go for the dr35 so I can order enough for my place to... He has my sample book and if he does order, this will be my first flat glass job...

I guess I wont do the windows today with ATR. DAMN, I was looking soo forward to it to..

Thanx for the quick replies... :beer:lol2:lol2:beer:lol2:beer

I have one NORTH facing window looking at my driveway. I might do that today with ATR 35. JUST HAVE THAT ITCH MANG!!!!!!!!! Need to tint flat glass --------->>>> and soon!!!!!

I did it and it looks great. I'll have to take a pic tomorrow when there is more light.

It's kinda cool looking, with the lights off you can see out when it gets dusk, then turn the lights on and the windows turn black... ATR 35 looks pretty good on a house...

I'll update with pics tomorrow...

Thanx guys.. :thumb:beer

I have a guy who wants me to do his house and his moms house.... He has my sample book and if he does order, this will be my first flat glass job...

Want a tip if you get into tinting residential in the future? Never hand over your sample book ... you'll have a customers head spinning in no time and they'll be so indecisive..if they end up picking anything at all, they'll order something you'll have to buy a whole roll of and never use again :beer:thumb

Give them a choice of 3 with samples of the film and keep the sample book with you :beer

I know this is a friend..but just got me thinking of any future work you might get and thought I'd save you the grief a sample book can bring :beer

had a friend put atr20ch on house windows, all are still good.

I wouldnt recommend it at all though

What's safe in Southern CA (VIP tint's locale - maybe that's where his friend is) and what's safe in Ontario are not the same thing. All other things being equal the probability of breakage is more likely in a cold climate - and east facing windows on a cold morning with a bright sun coming up to quickly warm things don't make for a good combination. Even so, installing to a single window only 3' X 4' is probably safe.

Guest vclimber

That all depends on the heating on cooling of the glass. Sometimes you can get away with automotive but why risk it when you have all of this flatglass film made for IG units and a 5 year breakage warranty? :trustme

Archived