how many jobs does it take to cover a box of film

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now the real question....how many cars can you get out of a box of film!

By the time I get it paid for, I've wasted so much I'm out and need to reorder.

I'm just circling the drain.

:krazy Shiot happens dude! As long as your pumping out quality work thats all that counts! :trustme

Guest scottstinting

I like to use also the 40 x 100 in 35 20 5 and thats it, I will box slice it as needed and most of the time I dont have waste ,every now and then I might have to take some off and use it later unlike when I tryed 18 inch rolls .All I heard was you can do 90% of the car windows with an 18 in roll .well let me tell you all the other 10% was at my shop and talking about waste useing the 36 inch roll on sides really sucked and I actually switched mfgs. because of it .JUST SAY NO TO THE 18 INCH ROLL FAMILY unless you want to buy 18 20 24 36 in all shades but I have better things to do with my money and if your swamped all the time it would work ok I guess you might save a buck ,But you will have to keep a good eye on film stock .My way is pretty simple ,the box is light order another .have it the next day or so Just my take on it .I hate to see money setting on a shelf not makeing interest .Its called lean retailing but you have to have good supplyers that wont chump you and not get your goods out on time

JUST SAY NO TO THE 18 INCH ROLL FAMILY unless you want to buy 18 20 24 36 in all shades but I have better things to do with my money and if your swamped all the time it would work ok I guess you might save a buck

You have to decide if your in the biz or not..if you are, then buying these rolls are no big deal..and trust me..you save more than a buck or two. If your in the tint biz half assed..then buy the basics.

Guest haroldshouseoftint

I agree TW you have to spend money to make money, I do the same thing 18 20 24 36 :krazy I also have more than one box at a time, gotta keep stock around, and my dist. is local I can get film within 2 hrs :trustme

I use 18" , 20" 20" , 30" and 36" in all shades in stock for auto..too hard for me to figure it :thumb out

We carry 20" 24" 28" 32" 36" and 40" in our better selling films. The best deal imo is the 28" - 32" from cutting a 60" roll. Using the 2 sizes on most windows there is very little waste. One or two cars to cover a 40" roll. That is off or the top - -- the number jumps way up after accounting for overhead. Should have stayed in my garage and kept my profit at 85 - 90 %. :dunno

We carry 20" 24" 28" 32" 36" and 40" in our better selling films. The best deal imo is the 28" - 32" from cutting a 60" roll. Using the 2 sizes on most windows there is very little waste. One or two cars to cover a 40" roll. That is off or the top - -- the number jumps way up after accounting for overhead. Should have stayed in my garage and kept my profit at 85 - 90 %. :dunno

mo money mo problems :thumb

Archived