Factory tint matching

Guest 6liter

I have a 07 trailblazer with the factory tint on the rear windows. The tint is flat and has absolutely no metallic or reflactive look to it. I had the front ones tinted with sungard tint being very specific to maake sure the tint guy knows that I want to match the front tint to the rear factory tint and not have a mirror look on my front windows and a nice flat black look on my back ones, but sure enough that is exactly how it came out. Any suggestions on what to do, what tint to use or where to to get this done in Chicago.

I went to 3 different tint shops and all of them tell me that the tint they use is metallic and they don't know where to get a flat black tint. Sounds like B.S. to me. I always had all my cars tinted and never had a problem because all the windows were tinted with the same film, but I am having trouble finding someone who can match this factory tint.

You need a DYED CHARCOAL colored film. DYED films dont have the shiny look to them like METALIZED films do.

I only use LLUMAR film and I can tell you that the "AT CHARCOAL" film will work from LLUMAR if you can fund that.

Guest filmdit

Well, there are a number of brand name film that produce non metallic films and dyed or pigmented metallic films that do not look reflective. It's a matter of finding who stocks it. I am not from Chicago so I cannot direct you to a shop.

LLumar ATR or AT CH

Solar Gard True Grey or HP CH

Suntek HP or Carbon

Huper Optics ceramic

3M FX or CS

These are brand and film type that come to mind that may fit your need.

What is the state law there? What film and percentage are they installing? That may be your problem. :dunno If you guys have a high vlt, the films they are using all probably look shiny against the solar tint in the factory glass, meaning they may not be tinting them dark enough to hide that green hue in the factory glass, causing a contrast to the roughly 18 to 20 % on the rear. :thumb

In Illinois there is no tint allowed on the front windows, but I had 5% put on the front which matches the darkness of the factory tint except it is metallic looking in comparison to the factory tint.

In Illinois there is no tint allowed on the front windows, but I had 5% put on the front which matches the darkness of the factory tint except it is metallic looking in comparison to the factory tint.

Dude, I believe this will be the end of any respectable help, since we dont condone illegal window tinting on here, sorry.

Archived