Anti-Gaffiti Films

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest filmdit

I had to ask because we have found that using dish soap as opposed to BBS or FO, can have a greater tendency for adhesive to remain behind. Probable through a chemical reaction between adhesive and soap chemistries. :thumb

Guest vclimber

We use BBS or Film On, whichever of the two is in the truck and the film comes off everything no problem. GCL 4 & 6mil is the stuff, you'be surprised at what you can put it on. :thumb

I put up alot of madico LCL600XSRG, the key to removing it is to pull it off the glass slowly. It will leave some adhesive behind if you "pop" it or try to snap it off the glass really quick. I usually cut it into 1 foot strips with a stainless olfa blade for easier removal. This stuff removes really easy compared to weather beaten 4mil security and works great on stainless steel (have some alcohol handy to remove small bits of leftover adhesive.) The hardest part of graffitti film is getting the water out (and putting it up in crappy weather.)

I put up alot of madico LCL600XSRG, the key to removing it is to pull it off the glass slowly. It will leave some adhesive behind if you "pop" it or try to snap it off the glass really quick. I usually cut it into 1 foot strips with a stainless olfa blade for easier removal. This stuff removes really easy compared to weather beaten 4mil security and works great on stainless steel (have some alcohol handy to remove small bits of leftover adhesive.) The hardest part of graffitti film is getting the water out (and putting it up in crappy weather.)

bingo :dunno

how long does it take to dry I did a job 2 and a half weeks ago and the bottoms are drying out still some water blisters..the top have which doesnt get as much sun has much more blistering......I told the contractor regula film has a 30 day dry time...this will be more cause its thickness and lack of sun light...

how long does it take to dry I did a job 2 and a half weeks ago and the bottoms are drying out still some water blisters..the top have which doesnt get as much sun has much more blistering......I told the contractor regula film has a 30 day dry time...this will be more cause its thickness and lack of sun light...

champagne bubbles? :dunno

how thick is it? 7mil? 9? 10?

but yea you are right, at least 30 days. but if the water is not pushed out properly you can have "champagne bubbles" which in my experience, never actually go away

never used solar gards, you ought to ask your local rep, company to see how long it typical takes to dry. 30 days or a lil over seems bout right :dunno

depending of weather, shading, location, which way windows are facing..etc etc

s gard was what was on the contractors requirments...it is east and has huge over hangs...

thanks...makes me feel better he said well ill give you two weeks....and I said well it may take longer.....

Archived