What would you say

I had a customer call today wanting to get a house tinted, approx. 5 to 6 hundred square.

Customer asked for a ball park price per square foot. I gave him my range on a basic solar bronze he wanted. He knew this because he has had another tint shop install diffrent film samples on his house already for him to choose. He gives me the ol' poor mouth routine while explaining that this is his lake house. Then he says that my price is roughly the same that he has already gotten, and wanted to know why it costs so much to tint.

What would you guys, and gals, say to this customer? Bare in mind that he is not polite, very confrontational.

And I just found out by someone who has done work for this guy, that the house is 2.5 hours away from me.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest haroldshouseoftint

Well sir,

I can't pay my bills and stay in business by giving things away, and oh by the way how far away is the house, there will be a trip fee for that, so why don't you think about the price and get back to me

and if that don't work tell him to :angel

when he asked why it cost so much I would have said I don't think I am going to be able to help you have a nice day Click. :angel

:lol2

I would have to walk away from someone like that, he has a lake house and worried about the cost of tinting his windows? He should worry about the damage from the sun's reflection off the lake on his furniture and what ever else the sun is beating on.

Guest vclimber

I'd tell him that he has a good question... He can be comforted to know that you are not ripping him off because your prices are in line with the competitor's. There are many expenses involved in bringing quality products and quality work into consumer's homes, especially at great distances. As a business owner, you would settle for nothing less than the best possible product and install in your own home and that is simply what you are trying to provide for him and the rest of your customers.

It is understandable that everyone wants the best value for thier dollar, but I always use the quotes in my signature to help them understand value does not equate to the cheapest price... :angel

I'd tell him that he has a good question... He can be comforted to know that you are not ripping him off because your prices are in line with the competitor's. There are many expenses involved in bringing quality products and quality work into consumer's homes, especially at great distances. As a business owner, you would settle for nothing less than the best possible product and install in your own home and that is simply what you are trying to provide for him and the rest of your customers.

It is understandable that everyone wants the best value for thier dollar, but I always use the quotes in my signature to help them understand value does not equate to the cheapest price... :lol2

Now I know how you close all those deals out there. :angel

He nastly asked" I dont know why is costs so much to tint them, I could almost get the windows replaced for that". He told me that he was just trying to give me a shot at it, but since my price was almost the same as the other guy, oh well, and the other guy was local. He is also a high priced contractor, just trying to get something for nothing. He can hang that up, especially with what stuff cost today, I will stay home first and slow the spread of arthritist.

There must just be something in the air because yeaterday I had a guy call wanting a price on tinting a new caddy, using the same film I put on his last one in March. I quoted him a price $20.00 higher than in March. In March I worked for someone else, not myself, and we were running a sale, so the regular price was the same. He says, "well there are plenty of places in this other town, I'll just get it done there, thanks anyway, and he hangs up". The other town is two hours away. :lol2:angel

Guest 12Listen4

There will always be the customers wanting something for nothing and you cannot please them all. Just please the ones you can.

If a customer asks me "why so much" I always turn it around and ask why so little and then explain what the costs are. 9 out of 10 times it works. Usually on the ones that it doesn't work I didn't want them as a custmoer anyway.

Advanced Audio and Tinting

Madisonville, TN :angel

Archived