3M crystalline.

Guest IBtintn

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tom Cat

That would also be my advice. We won't buy any until they figure out what is up with it (I've heard it was probably the liner). The 70% looks awesome installed, and the older crowd who don't want to look like "gangsters" seem VERY interested in it.

yeah why are you going to flip the film and have it on the liner on the glass. is it cause the liner just cant handle the heat or something????

Good question. I think the liner may cause the heat to build up excessively in the localized areas that Ibin is refering to as a white line area,.... the liner facing down allows the heat evenly cover the film area that needs conformity.... I remember the thread on the jamed up huper film that had the "CD LOOK" ,..... to much heat in that area caused the films nano ceramic particles to react in that manner. Heat guns are nothing more than forced IR energy funneled by fans... one split second too much heat and you have distructed your pricey film.. :beer

Guest 3M Nelly

Try the shrinking tips in this quick video. I recommend against shrinking liner up.

Keep in mind the way the film performs is by reflecting and absorbing heat. Treat CR like CS. Stay off the big fingers, let it cool for a second before touching it.

Try the shrinking tips in this quick video. I recommend against shrinking liner down.

Keep in mind the way the film performs is by reflecting and absorbing heat. Treat CR like CS. Stay off the big fingers, let it cool for a second before touching it.

Archived