3M crystalline.

Guest IBtintn

Guest darkdan

I believe this is the auto version of Prestige.

If it is, why would hundreds of "micro" or "nano" or whatever buzzword we want layers of polyester shrink exactly like 1 or 2 plys of polyester?

If you want the film to act like conventional film you'll have to use.....wait for it....conventional film.

I'm sure when the R&D guys are sitting around trying to think of something new performance is first and workability is most likely last on their list of things to accomplish.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest filmdit
I believe this is the auto version of Prestige.

If it is, why would hundreds of "micro" or "nano" or whatever buzzword we want layers of polyester shrink exactly like 1 or 2 plys of polyester?

If you want the film to act like conventional film you'll have to use.....wait for it....conventional film.

I'm sure when the R&D guys are sitting around trying to think of something new performance is first and workability is most likely last on their list of things to accomplish.

Cool... they all do it. Vista's VS 60 & 70 have sisters in AVS 60 & 70, but are sold internationally, but not domestically. These type films target a different clientele than what has become accustomed to.

Well... I sure the multi layer polyester is reserved for their safety film series and wouldn't make sense to go through the expense for res/comm or auto. Now the layers of nanu nanu goop may be a contributing factor, however, I believe you'll find that dyed films shrink better than any. But who wants to stay with 35-40 year old technology.

Also, you'd be surprise today not to find R&D asking an experienced installer to give input on a new product. After all, they too make a living on film so it's in their best interest to help make a film user friendly.

Guest vclimber
Supposedly Prestige is 200+ layers of "micro" or "nano" polyester that refracts the light.

:hmmm With that many layers it must be tricky to shrink without damaging it's structure?

Archived