390' of film but how do I install it?

Guest mzpatti

Guest mzpatti

Well, looks like I need your advice. The eBay auction read like this.

"4 rolls of new window film, 60" x 390' total.

60" x 220' mirror bronze 60" x 75' bronze

60" x 75' mirror grey 60" x 20' grey

Scratch resistant, hard coated and easy to work with! Professional grade window film. This film can be used for cars, trucks, boats, buildings and trains. You name it as long as it has glass you can tint it.

This film will reduce up to 99% of he unwanted UV rays that damage and fade furniture, flooring, window treatments and car upholstery."

Before bidding I asked it this film was safe to use on dual pane windows? The seller replied "If it's glass you can use it." Guess that should have been my first clue.

I won the auction for what I thought was a great price & four long boxes of film arrived. I have no installation instructions and the seller will not reply to any emails.

I have dual pane windows but the heat and cold come right through them. I had read on this forum that not all film is safe with dual pane glass. The label on the end of one box shows "International Energy Savers" Film Type: (8815.3) F-88 1.5-mil Laminate-D/X-Gray.

Would you kind gentlemen happen to know if this is safe to use on my windows and how I should install it?? I don't like the looks of the mirror finish so I'd be installing the bronze. I only need roughly 75'.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Mz Patti ;')

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same thing happened to me when my car needed a paint job. I went to ebay and won an auction for some PPG auto paint, when it showed up it was all wet and stuff, and there were no instructions. The guy that sold it to me wouldn't tell me how to install it.

So, I went to a forum for car painters and asked them for help.

I don't understand why I was ridiculed.

Guest tintman AZ
Same thing happened to me when my car needed a paint job. I went to ebay and won an auction for some PPG auto paint, when it showed up it was all wet and stuff, and there were no instructions. The guy that sold it to me wouldn't tell me how to install it.

And they probably said "If its a car this paint will go on it".

:spit:thumb

Archived