390' of film but how do I install it?

Guest mzpatti

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
VC... that doesn't appear to be a thermal fracture, it's too close to a corner looking more like a stress or nip fracture. :thumb:thumb

Well it didn't appear until the film was applied to the glass. Right when the sun hit... :thumb

My guess is that it was either a clamshell or a pinch on the angle... A true thermal fracture on glass with no glass defects will be on the middle 1/2 to 3/4 of the pane edge and you would still have to remove and inspect the pane to see if it is 90 degree angle straight out from the edge of the glass. It this case, the glass was defective and the film was the catalyst. I usually do not go out of F2G recommendations so true thermal breaks are a rare site for me, I do not even have a picture of a true thermal stress break because I have never placed film on that caused one, not even ceramic. :thumb

If the Ebay film in question causes a thremal stress fracture the pane of glass will have to be pulled and examined to determine whether or not it is a true thermal stress fracture. There is actually some very interesting data that can be gathered from such an examination. For instance, the break may have multiple fractures starting at the edge. This is due to exterme thermal stress that is often associated with incorrect specification of window film for the glass type. My picture however, was more for an illustrative answer to the quoted question.

Me spider senses is tingling... :thumb this product smacks of high absorption rates, with the Bronze being less than the Grey... I'd be very leery of installing this without performance numbers!

And no... we don't get smarter, we get wiser through experience. Actually, IQ's drop points as we age... add the weed, the beer, the rock, the crank, the huffing, the toot to this equation, and you wind up with Jeffro. :thumb:thumb (Legal note: Jeffro is a fictitious character, not found in real life :thumb )

Wiser said to resell on Ebay... or get the specs from the seller and then come back and ask. :lol2

its Jethro not Jeffro and hes real and hiding behind a screen name of TINTDESIGNS

Guest filmdit
My picture however, was more for an illustrative answer to the quoted question.

:hmmm:?

Sommmmetimes... the added thermal stress from even a mild window film can exacerbate an existing fracture (in the making), but I'm not telling you anything, eh! :?

its Jethro not Jeffro and hes real and hiding behind a screen name of TINTDESIGNS

:?:?:lol

Guest Tom Cat
:lol6 Damn, I should make some money selling bunk film on Ebay too. Maybe than those that think they are a tinter just because they bought a few boxes of film. Perhaps some Panther :lol6?!? :thumb

Archived