blue screen of death

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

My #1 computer has been screwed up this morning by a power outage. I'm on the #2 comp now. uuhhh! It will start in safe mode, but will not boot normally. Can anyone send me into the right direction? Thanks 1peec :thumb

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm no expert so...

If I got it started in safe mode, I'd right click on "my computer" and hit properties, hardware tab, device manager, and look for any devices that have a yellow exclamation mark, chances are a device or two got fried. Hope it's not the mobo.

Blue screen is usually an XP failure but in case it's not, do what TD said and if everything is ok, what you'll need to do is run a scan disk in safe mode. Open my computer right click on disk C go to properties then tools, under error checking click the check now and let it run after it's done restart and if no problems your good to go if not run sfc /scannow and XP can repair itself.

Guest CajunTinter
Blue screen is usually an XP failure but in case it's not, do what TD said and if everything is ok, what you'll need to do is run a scan disk in safe mode. Open my computer right click on disk C go to properties then tools, under error checking click the check now and let it run after it's done restart and if no problems your good to go if not run sfc /scannow and XP can repair itself.

:thumb:spit

It's probably screwed up due to the new Chico avatar!!! :lol2:lol2

Guest CajunTinter

1peec, the most common problem that I've come across w/ a blue screen of death and win2k is memory related.... Check your RAM and your video card; check the video card like TD says in device manager; if you have the yellow exclamation point- try to reinstall the drivers; if that's not it try removing a stick of ram at a time and hopefully that will tell you what you need to know..... :thumb

Archived