blue screen of death

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

I've got it going, but, on the desktop it says safe mode.? wtf

When the computer starts, does it give you the option to boot normally or does it go into safe mode automatically?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohh you might be pretty much screwed. What was your computer doing at the time of failure? Did you have something downloading, do you have any file sharing programs and did Windows 2000 come with the system or an upgrade? Last but an important question, do you have system restore in the Windows 2000

System is your operating system that runs your computer..Windows 95 & 98 or 2000 and XP. Was the video on a website? And your file sharing programs are downloading bandwidth all the time. Unplug everything from your computer except your keyboard and mouse. Restart and if it goes into safe mode again then we can turn off a few things to see what is causing the problem. Your problem is a driver failure because something was running in the background of your system (windows 2000) The driver problem is not as simple as a device like speakers or a printer but something the windows 2000 needs to be stable. Email me and I can go through a few things with you.

Archived