seems sketchy

Guest bigboi

Guest filmdit
Price all depends on where you live. It is all relative!

Relative... as in aunt, uncle, bro, cousin giving a relative a break on price.

Tell me this doesn't happen? :beer

Kidding aside... it does vary widely from region to region. :beer

Guest filmdit
everyone in the area seems to be 300+. wheather your a mobile tinter or have a shop.

Then stay away from the lowballer.

One rule of thumb in setting price when going into business... be at or above the market you are setting up in. :beer

Yeah, region plays a decent roll in what a shop should be charging, but in all reality if everyone was charging market price in each region, everyone across the country should be within a 60-70 range of eachother. Not one guy charging 89 fukin dollars and another slammin down 400+ installs. Not that there is anything wrong with charging top dollar, but my god there are some good tinters out there cutting themselves WAY short just because they think they have to compete on price just to stay in business when they could literally double what they charge and business would go on as usual...only with a little more money for their efforts.

Guest filmdit
Not that there is anything wrong with charging top dollar, but my god there are some good tinters out there cutting themselves WAY short just because they think they have to compete on price just to stay in business when they could literally double what they charge and business would go on as usual...only with a little more money for their efforts.

True, so true...

One thing I learned in a sales seminar years ago was, "All things being equal people will shop price". Capitalize on one thing (or more) that differs you from the rest and charge for it.

Example of how to make one thing work to your advantage drawing them in without regard to price: A local gas station/store is known to have Pepsi 12 packs on sale 2 for $5. Their gas price is a couple cents higher than the comp... They sell Pepsi 12-packs all year round at that price... it draws 'em in.

Got find something that will do the same for a tint shop. You know, like a Jessica type roadside with more than an invite on display. :rollin

Archived