Aussies using Johnsons?

Guest sowdy

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
G'day Guys and Girls,

Just wondering if anyone is Oz is using Johnson?

Cheers,

Sowdy

G'day mate,

Yeah me and a few close diggers have been using it and found it good on performance (ie. the SP35% silhouette) great importer backup out of Sydney when warranties are needed to be covered, good clarity whilst new, good to shrink, dries fast and well priced. :beer

But for the other side, this film is not colour stable downunder (goes mauve) and many a number of rear screens are going fuzzy due to our sun exposure within a 5-7 year period.

Devil

G'day mate,

Yeah me and a few close diggers have been using it and found it good on performance (ie. the SP35% silhouette) great importer backup out of Sydney when warranties are needed to be covered, good clarity whilst new, good to shrink, dries fast and well priced. :beer

But for the other side, this film is not colour stable downunder (goes mauve) and many a number of rear screens are going fuzzy due to our sun exposure within a 5-7 year period.

Devil

Hey Devil,

We use a bit of Johnsons. Do you ever use Sunguard Performex Slate range - if so how does it cope with your extra strong sun? As good as Johnsons better or worse.

Cheers :beer

Guest VaTinterPMan

From what ive heard even if down south there. The distortion or the clarity qucikly reduces the visibilty out. I dont know if johsons would be your best best for down there . my 2 cents

G'day mate,

Yeah me and a few close diggers have been using it and found it good on performance (ie. the SP35% silhouette) great importer backup out of Sydney when warranties are needed to be covered, good clarity whilst new, good to shrink, dries fast and well priced. :spit

Devil

Yep you nailed it there dev, and thats in tassie it fades, so imagine what its like up here in Brisneyland where we get proper sun!!

:thumb

Yep you nailed it there dev, and thats in tassie it fades, so imagine what its like up here in Brisneyland where we get proper sun!!

:spit

You wouldn't believe it JJ......... you must have put the mozz on me. :lol2:thumb

I just got off the phone from a guy whose Impreza I did in 2002 and both rear doors are peeling off in the top corner.

I know exactly what it is.....adhesive failure due to our horrendous sun and the J film can't cope with it.

That job was bloody perfect and now it's deciding to call it a day. I hate this shite with this business due to no fault of we poor applicators.

Devil

Hey Devil,

We use a bit of Johnsons. Do you ever use Sunguard Performex Slate range - if so how does it cope with your extra strong sun? As good as Johnsons better or worse.

Cheers :spit

G'day TJ,

For fear of sounding like a broken record stuck in a goove, I'm half way through replacing a Toyota Prado (Colarado in the USA) wagon which has had the film you spoke of installed.

The stuff is totally clear with adhesive distortions. :lol2:thumb

J pisses all over it and the S disgarded backing sheet with some glue on it would be better IMO.

One thing about the S product you speak of.....I have such a nose for the unique adhesive when it goes to poop with such regularity that I can tell exactly the film 100%.

Say no more! :lol2

Devil

From what ive heard even if down south there. The distortion or the clarity qucikly reduces the visibilty out. I dont know if johsons would be your best best for down there . my 2 cents

My best mate who does tons of dealer work is finding that out now Va.

Devil

dam, sorry dev I hope I didn't jinx ya mate!

You know Sowdy when summer is here.....we get warranty calls from out of the blue.

It happens every year without fail and mainly one brand that you could bank on doing it.

Ponder for a moment if you will......... this massive drought we are in all over the country which has created wall to wall blue skies forever?

Well imagine in another couple of years the worsening effect on such brands of film?

Eff me drunk mate. :thumb I'm glad I'm not using it.

Dev

Archived