Aussies using Johnsons?

Guest sowdy

G'day TJ,

For fear of sounding like a broken record stuck in a goove, I'm half way through replacing a Toyota Prado (Colarado in the USA) wagon which has had the film you spoke of installed.

The stuff is totally clear with adhesive distortions. :lol2:beer

J pisses all over it and the S disgarded backing sheet with some glue on it would be better IMO.

One thing about the S product you speak of.....I have such a nose for the unique adhesive when it goes to poop with such regularity that I can tell exactly the film 100%.

Say no more! :lol2

Devil

Cheers Devil

Do know of any film brand which can cope with your Sun levels - do all your customers expect to replace their tint films every 5 to 7 years?

What film (brand) would you recommend to cope with your weather if money was no object - obviously the Nano ceramic has not been around long enough to be sure. :lol2

:lol2

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep you nailed it there dev, and thats in tassie it fades, so imagine what its like up here in Brisneyland where we get proper sun!!

:lol2

Hey JJ,

If money is no object for your customers what film do you recommend?

We do quality installations and as Devil says its a pain when the film lets you down. I need to find a quality film that looks good and lasts. Not talking about Aussie sun - just UK yet I know exactly what you guys are talking about.

Especially adhesive failure - which can be a nightmare on cramped saloon cars.

:beer

Cheers Devil

Do know of any film brand which can cope with your Sun levels - do all your customers expect to replace their tint films every 5 to 7 years?

What film (brand) would you recommend to cope with your weather if money was no object - obviously the Nano ceramic has not been around long enough to be sure. :thumb

:lol6

G'day TJ,

In my many years of using all and sundry at one time or other, Madico have been by far the most successful in "hanging in there" for me.

They were not without problems however with non colour stable auto films like the Performance Tint, Autolux and Granite but not one adhesive failure which is a huge plus.

Their current Onyx and Charcool have been outstanding in all areas with never a failure and that's been here downunder for 6-7 years I guess.

Most people buying film think that all of it will last forever because the sales pitch says so regardless of brand so they don't ever expect it to be replaced.

Money no option? :lol6 Well probably Formula 1 out of MEP, Quantum out of Bekaert and Onyx out of Madico.

Devil

You wouldn't believe it JJ......... you must have put the mozz on me. :lol6:lol6

I just got off the phone from a guy whose Impreza I did in 2002 and both rear doors are peeling off in the top corner.

I know exactly what it is.....adhesive failure due to our horrendous sun and the J film can't cope with it.

That job was bloody perfect and now it's deciding to call it a day. I hate this shite with this business due to no fault of we poor applicators.

Devil

OOPPS sorry Dev the last thing I wanted to do was put a hex on my favourite Tasweigen!!

:lol6:thumb:lol6

Hey JJ,

If money is no object for your customers what film do you recommend?

We do quality installations and as Devil says its a pain when the film lets you down. I need to find a quality film that looks good and lasts. Not talking about Aussie sun - just UK yet I know exactly what you guys are talking about.

Especially adhesive failure - which can be a nightmare on cramped saloon cars.

:thumb

Hi tintim, as an ex Liverpudlian I know a thing or two about the sun or lack of in the UK!

Just for the record I use 3M CS for my retail customers and as a sub contractor I use whatever the dealership buys for me to install, most recently its been Suntek which I think is quite nice to use. The reason for the 3M in my retail work is simply the branding, I think it can be a PITA to use but it does look nice on. I dont think any manufacturer has come out with a tint that will last yet, obviously the longevity varies between brands I say stick to the better ones and make sure they have good back up for any future warranty claims.

jj

Hi tintim, as an ex Liverpudlian I know a thing or two about the sun or lack of in the UK!

Just for the record I use 3M CS for my retail customers and as a sub contractor I use whatever the dealership buys for me to install, most recently its been Suntek which I think is quite nice to use. The reason for the 3M in my retail work is simply the branding, I think it can be a PITA to use but it does look nice on. I dont think any manufacturer has come out with a tint that will last yet, obviously the longevity varies between brands I say stick to the better ones and make sure they have good back up for any future warranty claims.

jj

Hey J,

I've got some of that alphabet soup on my car as an evaluation product and I'd agree the colour is great with a nice flat black 35% look but the optical distortions in it ain't to nice to get wound up about.

And I've seen plenty of current AU and BA Fords with feltless rubbers marking the film right through to the adhesive. :thumb

To the point you can see how the rubber infill surrounds is impacting badly on the tint.

This to my way of thinking is going to end up causing tears for someone along the track.

Other branded films I have not seen this problem occur on the same vehicles. Go figure!

Dev

Hey J,

I've got some of that alphabet soup on my car as an evaluation product and I'd agree the colour is great with a nice flat black 35% look but the optical distortions in it ain't to nice to get wound up about.

And I've seen plenty of current AU and BA Fords with feltless rubbers marking the film right through to the adhesive. :coffee

To the point you can see how the rubber infill surrounds is impacting badly on the tint.

This to my way of thinking is going to end up causing tears for someone along the track.

Other branded films I have not seen this problem occur on the same vehicles. Go figure!

Dev

Ive witness such things myself mate especially on fords......

Those BA's and the likes of anything tight rubbered are definately impacting on the MMM.

Devil

Mate even the rubber seal around the pillarless windows of my Wrex has left a slight tight rubber mark......Go figure... :coffee

Archived