Aye Dave!

Guest vclimber

Guest vclimber
Actually, you can ship it coreless in an 8 mil (the oversized) box. Just roll it up in the same direction it came off the original core, out it in the box, let it expand to fit, top it and ship. :lol2

I've installed some panels for testing that were dry within 30-45 days, no sun, room temperature. Get a real good extended handle squeegee and it'll be dry in less than.

Or... keep the glass small enough to fit in the oven and you can quick dry at 200. Make sure it's tempered glass. :lol

From what I know I can answer that with... Lake Tahoe/Reno area market. :beer But he's not, Eric... :lol2

:lol2

We'll you've got Willie convinced about who I am. :lol2

So why does CP Films say "typical cure time 8-12mil is 100 days"? :lol2 How can you accurately test the effectiveness of a product if you do not follow the installation directions? :beer

:lol2 This time of year a full cure takes the full 100 days :lol2 I install more of this stuff than just samples... You have to stick to the MFG's written recommendations, inform the customer in writing, and if anyone begs to differ you ask: "This is not in agreement with the MFG's guidlines, how would you like me to proceed?" :lol2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest filmdit
:lol This time of year a full cure takes the full 100 days :beer I install more of this stuff than just samples... You have to stick to the MFG's written recommendations, inform the customer in writing, and if anyone begs to differ you ask: "This is not in agreement with the MFG's guidlines, how would you like me to proceed?" :beer

:lol2:lol2

Guest Key West
There was some ballistic testing done some time ago, with 12 mil (3 ply construction) and 15 mil (also 3 ply), but it was conducted on 1/2", 3/4" & 1" glazing. I have not seen any on layering the safety films tough.

The thick glazing is what actually stoped the bullet, the film just holds it together so multiple shots can be made. As there is very little glazing this thick in the real world, the testing has little merit.

If you want copies of the test I'm refering too, let me know and I'll dig it out for you.

Andy

Hey Andy,

Do you perchance work for the co. once known as ITD on Terminal Dr. ? If so, I know you!! WHASSSUP? :trustme

Yea, it's me, but I no longer work for them....moved on to bigger and better things.... :thumb

Everything going well for me, thanks for asking!

I'm not sure how to get in touch with you, give me a call if you can.

Andy

Guest filmdit
BULLSHIT!!

:dunno:lol2:lol2

I respect your experience on this subject VZ, sorry, the bullshit statement should have been more clearly stated to say, "no one" = the mfg. of the film (involved in the private test). :lol:beer

Those outside the mfg can conclude all they want from any test performed. :beer

Your information is very helpful to many outside VZ... and captures my attention any time you post (Cheers, P).

Another observation: We have perfomed ballistic test after only 3-4 days after having installed the film. Result? The same as if it was laying there for 100 days.

Interesting indeed! :beer

Another very interesting observation: If you have a glass with film on it that stops a bullet from one side (when shot from "ouside" to "inside"), you can always shoot back from inside to the outside, the bullet will go through like if it had nothing on it.

This makes sense... :beer

Guest cherasia
Is there any testing or data that you know of on 1 or 2 layers of 15mil and bullet resistance? :lol6

I've seen a few videos but it sure doesn't look like a scientific approach... :lol6 I know no one would be crazy enough to go out on a limb and market such a thing but that doesn't prevent them from testing. Can you disclose?

I dunno, but I have a .243 and a 12 guage if anyone wants to get together and test it out during target practice. : :thumb

Guest vclimber
I dunno, but I have a .243 and a 12 guage if anyone wants to get together and test it out during target practice. : :mad

:lol2 Shauna you are one very interesting girl... :lol2

Willie and the rest of em better watch their P's and Q's or something's going to get blown off. :lol2:mad

Archived