New unregistered Ml

Guest Diamond Tints

Guest Diamond Tints

Ok last week was tinting a new ML with about a 12 miles on the clock, so was just about finished and was heating the matrix when BOOOOOOOOOOMMM :lol back glass fecking exploded on me, to say I :uh it was an understatement, :thumb now thing is the glass was warm and not mega hot.

I phoned about a few guys I know in the windscreen game and Unlce bob himself to see if they had ever heard of such a thing

Everbody I spoke to said exactly the same thing "faulty glass" so on the phone to the dealer and was told basically "tough" so cost me around ?300 to get a new glass supplied and fitted

Have to laugh though :krazy:lol

post-13934-1166199517.jpg

Guest haroldshouseoftint
:dunno I used to work for a cadillac dealer out here and had 2 back glass on the Cateras explode on me while shrinking, and 5 more out on the lot after they had been tinted for about a week come to find out there was a hi spot in the pinchweld around the back glass area and didn't have enough eurothane so added extra stress on the glass then BOOM, so I know what you mean, first one I :dunno my pants :lol2

Guest Key West
Ok last week was tinting a new ML with about a 12 miles on the clock, so was just about finished and was heating the matrix when BOOOOOOOOOOMMM :dunno back glass fecking exploded on me, to say I :lol2 it was an understatement, :wall now thing is the glass was warm and not mega hot.

I phoned about a few guys I know in the windscreen game and Unlce bob himself to see if they had ever heard of such a thing

Everbody I spoke to said exactly the same thing "faulty glass" so on the phone to the dealer and was told basically "tough" so cost me around ?300 to get a new glass supplied and fitted

Have to laugh though :flip:flip

At least you can laugh!! :dunno I'm thinkin' that it's gotta suck 2 b u :flip:flip

Guest Key West

Why is it that customers want us to do things to thier cars, and accept the possible liability issues, but don't want to pay us? :dunno:dunno:lol2:wall On newer cars with all the electronics attached to the rear view mirror, I tell a customer who wants an "Eyebrow" to take it to a glass Co, remove the mirror, Then I will put the strip on. What I get for a Strip on the windshield just ain't worth the liability!!! One broke windshield = a whole days profits (I have a $500 deductible) :flip:flip

Archived