Shop damaged instorm last night

Guest CJ Shades

Guest CJ Shades

Before I start...... I will expect a full photochop to include goats and the tint terrorist with a possible purple car reading struggla on the back glass!

We had a little wind storm last night and my detail shack got ripped apart by it. It also damaged my "world famous" Johnsons "freebie" banner. I don't think it's gonna hurt my business by taking that down from the outside of the shop anyway, but a little addition to the damage non-the-less. Now I gotta go to Costco and get a new Detail Shack. Son of a....

Enjoy!!

DSC03465.jpg

DSC03461.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber

Yikes! Well, there's the answer to my question a while back about wind and mobile setups. Sorry you had to be the testpiece. Did everything else survive? The canopy looks salvageble???

Guest CJ Shades

Thanks all! Well the shop truck was actually parked inside of the tent and the tent was was also strapped to the fence. I had a nylon rope tied from the main top cross bar of the tent that was connected to the tow hitch of the truck inside to keep the tent from going anywhere. The wind ripped it off of the fence, pulled it up over the truck, twisted it 180deg and it landed on the fence. Pretty crazy! I can still use it if I wanted to, but the top tarp is a little torn and a few of the pipes are bent. It's only $169 for a brand new one at Costco, so I'm gonna buy a new one after storm season and use this one on my property. Luckily the shop isn't part of the over a million people in WA without power today. Here's a pic of it tied to the truck. It would have been pulled to never never land and cause serious damage (aka lawn dart) if not tied to the truck.

More fun for the tint terrorist...

DSC03462.jpg

I couldn't believe my auto tint starting at sign lasted, it's only held on by tiny little bungee chords

Guest CJ Shades

Starting at $75 ha ha!!!! The sad thing is, thats the best sales gimmick yet! It pulls people off of the street like crazy! No bs!

I have a 4'x8' lighted street sign 40' in the air with the shop name and phone number that will be soon changed to say the same exact thing as that little banner. It pulls them off of the street and gets them in the shop. Some people actually expect me to tint a full sedan for that price. Whatever dude!

Guest vclimber
I couldn't believe my auto tint starting at sign lasted, it's only held on by tiny little bungee chords

That's because you are only charging $75. How can you afford good bungee cords at those prices? :dunno:dunno

Was that in Roseville or Elk Grove?

Guest CJ Shades

^^^She obtained a boyfriend that would no longer allow me to exploit her sexuality. Son of a.... She still stops by though. Once he's out of the picture her half n@ked ass will be back out front....oh yes! She will be back out front with the twins fo shizzle!

Archived