Watch out for laminated glass!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

simply look at the stamp on the windows if rear or the edge of a door glass to see if they are laminated. Are some of you actually taking the time to "dry" shrink door glasses? Why?

As for the torch....I agree that if you need to shrink film that fast then you should find a different occupation. Using 2 heat guns gets you a 2000 degree heat source and that will shrink most anything fast enough....

Maybe I wasn't clear. I only use a torch to knock down the occasional stubborn finger or spot up in the dots as I finish up the car. Sure I can shrink with a torch, but that's only when I'm showing a DIYer how to tint!

Guest haroldshouseoftint
Maybe I wasn't clear. I only use a torch to knock down the occasional stubborn finger or spot up in the dots as I finish up the car. Sure I can shrink with a torch, but that's only when I'm showing a DIYer how to tint!

:rollin:rollin

:rollin:rollin

Guest filmdit
My buddys got one and I going to give it a try on my car for shits and giggles and if I can do a back glass in a min why not if I dont f anything up, :banned

No matter what is used to deliver heat to the film's surface, heat gun, torch, two heat gun combo, roofing hot air blower, etc., I have been told by those who get paid to dream up film types with components such as dyes, UV absorbers, metals, pigments, etc. that it is crucial to not get the film too hot. It can change the chemistry of some components and can actually damage UV absorbers to the point of becoming non-existent.

Archived