Taping windows

Guest 21st Century Tints

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest haroldshouseoftint
so basically what you saying here is now I know why the chicks that come by the shop call you green tape and me foil man :lol6

thats not what I heard weee lil willie :lol6:lol6:thumb

Okay so I have been in situations before where I had no duct tape and needed to tape up some nazty gaskets, espically on farm trucks ( poop.gif )..Well here is what I have gathered about tape..

Duct Tape: Great if installed first thing..Before water even gets near the door...Down side...sometimes it can take some paint with it, when removing it if not careful...Also, if you place the tape to far in the gasket channel sometimes its have to slide the tint in the way you would like to...

Packing Tape: Great allows for the tint to slip in easly between the tape and glass..Major down side...Better get it stuck and right the first time...cause that tape aint going to stay put for long...

MY NUMBER ONE PICK (when it comes to tape)

Automotive Body Tape (yellow or blue). This kinda tape can be found at any local body shop...You can get it in 1in 1/2 in or 3in, depending on the suplier. Major advantage, the adhesive isnt strong enough as to pull paint off upon removal...Also, You can get away with peeling a window cleaning it completly and then taping it...Something about the adhesive that I have noticed with this tape is that it will stick to a wet felt surface much better than any other I've tried...

anyways here are my two boring cents spit.gif

I havent used tape in YEARS! :DD

we arent talking about your hair implants here Jethro :DD

Hey Willie, can u steal me some of dat silver foil stuff ????? :thumb:lol6

You got it dude no charge, but wait till you see the shipping :lol6

thats not what I heard weee lil willie :lol6:lol6:lol2

yeah yeah yeah but what do you know :lol2

Guest Tom Cat

The green masking tape is the shizz. It is designed for hard to stick surfaces, so it is great for shiotty old fords, etc. I rarely use tape on doors though... But it is great when you are learning to tint in a crappy environment and you don't want to throw too many variables in there.

Archived