94 bonneville rear window

want2modmygt

alright. I was looking at your pictures of your shrikning. your fingers look much different than mine too. lol. mine are more pointed, is that normal? also, I always anchor the tint all the way across the middle of the back window. when is it a good idea to shift the anchor? and, I don't know how to dry shrink. should I learn? is it advantageous (sp?) over wet shrink?

okay, so the 1/4 windows with rubber are basically hit or miss, and by hit or miss, I mean its one of those things that you take your time and do right.

back to the window: so I'm going to anchor it at the middle of the window , then I'm going to shrink everything above that. if that fails, then I'll try anchoring it at near the top and shrink everything below?

any tips on how to not crease the tint? right now I slowly work the finger downwards and I do my inital shrink with a paper towel since its soft. after that, I go over it with a hardcard.

thanks agin you guys. I appreciate all the responses

alright. I was looking at your pictures of your shrikning. your fingers look much different than mine too. lol. mine are more pointed, is that normal? also, I always anchor the tint all the way across the middle of the back window. when is it a good idea to shift the anchor? and, I don't know how to dry shrink. should I learn? is it advantageous (sp?) over wet shrink?

okay, so the 1/4 windows with rubber are basically hit or miss, and by hit or miss, I mean its one of those things that you take your time and do right.

back to the window: so I'm going to anchor it at the middle of the window , then I'm going to shrink everything above that. if that fails, then I'll try anchoring it at near the top and shrink everything below?

any tips on how to not crease the tint? right now I slowly work the finger downwards and I do my inital shrink with a paper towel since its soft. after that, I go over it with a hardcard.

thanks agin you guys. I appreciate all the responses

for this window.....just work the film down, wet, and you will have a few small fingers at the top. For windows that actually require some more shrink you should anchor the film at a line that puts equal "slack" at the top and bottom. Others will say different and it all comes down to what works for you.

There are links on the main page about dry shrinking. You can search about it and read the ins and outs.

I don't remember having any trouble with the 1/4 windows....you have had it explained above.

Shouldn't matter about anchor....lay it on wet and work it out....I anchor it more toward the middle. Use your hand to lead and then follow with a card. You will learn to feel how the film is moving and sliding or not. If the film is not moving right that is when you will crease it. It is all to do with experience and practice.

This is not a hard back window by any means. Again, just achor in the middle, shrink the top and don't worry about the bottom, it will lay down on the inside.

I had a tinter with less than 3 months experiance get this backglass without any problems. The rest of the car kicked his arse though :nono

Not too toot my own horn, but I got in one piece with a little less than a year exp. (wasnt easy tho :lol2 ) Except I didnt shrink it at all like you guys are reccomending. I did a fabric softner shrink with an anchor in the middle.....didnt work, so I tried again with the anchor about 1-2" BELOW the top line frit area.... and shrunk EVERYTHING at the bottom. worked great. :lol2

bonnyshrink003.jpg

and here was a progress pic...... I remember I was so happy I made it that far after shrinking it all from just below the frit lines, I had to take a pic before a possible downward spiral, :lol2

bonnyshrink001.jpg

So if it dosent work for ya without shrinking the bottom, reverse your attack, and shrink EVERYTHING at the bottom. :lol2

WELCOME TO THE BATTLEZONE.... :nono

:lol2

Archived