carbon tint

Guest streetsounds

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest filmdit
shrinks like butter, but having color changes in TX but then again what doesnt :coffee

ATR from LLuLLu doesn't change color. :bottle

Steve (former TD member 'thetintshop') sent me some film he removed from his car. It was originally tinted with ATR35 CH (C/S) back when the product was first introduced... and he removed it this past summer/fall to replace it with a mildly darker version (ATR30CH). The ATR 35 product spent 3 1/2 years (four full summers) on the glass with a measured VLT of 38% at the time of install.

When removed, the product showed no color change (at the border edges where you would distinctly see what tucks inside the frame) and at that time the VLT measured 39%.

Now who knows... the stuff could have shown something the following year or the year after, but old ATR didn't have this kind of staying power. :thumb

Guest streetsounds
I know who your talking about T wizard right? Had a customer drive an hour to us the other day cause we had the 3M color stable for cheaper. customer said they are calling it carbon fiber and has sputtered plastic and carbon in the tint :coffee . I said I don't know dude, we call it color stable and they call it carbon fiber whether it has any carbon in it or not is beyond me. We are good friends with paul at T. Wizard down the road from you, don't know if you know him or not.

yea thats what im talkn bout yea they do call it carbon fiber too this damn town thinks mmm is the the jesus christ of window tint

drives me crazy

is his nickname peewee

Guest Sprinter

the carbon from suntek does'nt have any metal in it and is for use with navigation and radio antenas in the rear windows on suv's and cars, it has a green look to it from inside looking out. the heat rejection is almost as much as the metal/hybrid films from aways away it looks black. it's a nice film does'nt feel thin or rubbery shrinks nice installs nicely. no shine compared to the metal/hybird films. thats my take on it. I use this for all vehicals with antena issues.

Guest haroldshouseoftint
ATR from LLuLLu doesn't change color. :duck

Steve (former TD member 'thetintshop') sent me some film he removed from his car. It was originally tinted with ATR35 CH (C/S) back when the product was first introduced... and he removed it this past summer/fall to replace it with a mildly darker version (ATR30CH). The ATR 35 product spent 3 1/2 years (four full summers) on the glass with a measured VLT of 38% at the time of install.

When removed, the product showed no color change (at the border edges where you would distinctly see what tucks inside the frame) and at that time the VLT measured 39%.

Now who knows... the stuff could have shown something the following year or the year after, but old ATR didn't have this kind of staying power. :bottle

I know everything changes and evolves, and its been about 6 years since I used ATR but it sucked bad when I used it, turned purple within a year and distorted out within a year and a 1/2 thats if it wasn't orange peeled on the roll :thumb Just my experiance with it :coffee

yea thats what im talkn bout yea they do call it carbon fiber too this damn town thinks mmm is the the jesus christ of window tint

drives me crazy

is his nickname peewee

That's what the 3M dealers are all about. If it's not 3M it's generic crap. That's how it's sold anyway of course we all know better. 3M is a good film but not necessarily better than any other films out there. MMM reps teach you how to sell the product and persuade peoples minds that if you buy anything other than MMM your crazy. Heck my brother calls it carbon fiber sometimes, always makes the sale too. Dont know peewee, we do refer people in your area to your competition and they do the same for people in our area. Sorry :coffee .

Guest streetsounds

u know what I dont understand the 3m emblems all over the tint and thats how I can talk people out of goin down the road to use 3m cause no one wants that shiat all over their windows

the only problem I have with those guys are inconsistancy in pricing and they talk shiat on other companies and I try not to do that but they make me want too

Archived