carbon tint

Guest streetsounds

u know what I dont understand the 3m emblems all over the tint and thats how I can talk people out of goin down the road to use 3m cause no one wants that shiat all over their windows

the only problem I have with those guys are inconsistancy in pricing and they talk shiat on other companies and I try not to do that but they make me want too

You are supposed to wipe those 3M logo's off with the little alcohol swab they attach to the warranty, do you have a tinter in town that leaves them on? :nono

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest haroldshouseoftint
You are supposed to wipe those 3M logo's off with the little alcohol swab they attach to the warranty, do you have a tinter in town that leaves them on? :nono

Thats a funny one there Ric, at the SEMA show this year, I had the mmm rep tell me that customers were requesting to leave the logo on that it was getting branded kinda like Gucci :lol2 I almost fell over laughin at him when he said it.

I have seen some out here in AZ with that logo still on :lol2 WHY :lol2:lol2

I use llullu atr and 3M. the emblems are on the 3m so the customer knows they got the right film, no bait and switch. an alcohol prep pad comes along with the warranty so they can take them off if they want. we offer to take them off after a week curing time or right away.

the new llullu lumastar stuff is great with not changing colors, however it is a little shinier than the older atr ch.

the 3M carbon film looks great, by far the best from the outside, however has a larger learning curve due to the difference in shrinking ability.

IMO both great films, have both of them on numerous cars of myh own.

Guest filmdit
yea thats what im talkn bout yea they do call it carbon fiber too this damn town thinks mmm is the the jesus christ of window tint

drives me crazy

is his nickname peewee

There does exist a carbon fiber film... you may find it under Foliotec or Gila... it's decorative film that mimics carbon fiber look of automotive interior components.

As far as a film using carbon fiber... :lol2

the carbon from suntek does'nt have any metal in it and is for use with navigation and radio antenas in the rear windows on suv's and cars, it has a green look to it from inside looking out. the heat rejection is almost as much as the metal/hybrid films from aways away it looks black. it's a nice film does'nt feel thin or rubbery shrinks nice installs nicely. no shine compared to the metal/hybird films. thats my take on it. I use this for all vehicals with antena issues.

Yes Sprint it does... Carbon 18 has a TSER around 45%, which is near the performance of a 50% VLT metal/hybrid film. Carbon 18 is a straight dyed 1.5 mil auto film.

I know everything changes and evolves, and its been about 6 years since I used ATR but it sucked bad when I used it, turned purple within a year and distorted out within a year and a 1/2 thats if it wasn't orange peeled on the roll :lol2 Just my experiance with it :nono

And so... those were the days... my understanding is, LLu figured out what caused the orange peel and considers it an extinct species.

Guest streetsounds

yes all the time customers come in makin fun of that shiat I love it keep it up tint wizard :lol2

Here is a picture of suntek carbon 35 on a car I did a couple weeks ago. Looks awesome from the outside, from the inside it looks like you are wearing polarized sunglasses. Kind of yellowish color looking out. I think the film shrinks really good and real nice to work with but the inside color deters me from using it more.

Picture028.jpg

Guest VaTinterPMan

Ouch and yeah There is a place in town that lefted the 3m logos on a m3 bmmer. They had 2 4 inch fingers on the drivers window at the bottom. and the 3m logo was right by it I was laughing. The guy was like would let you re do it but I cant now cause they have too. I was like hold on we can work something out. and he was all like 3mmmm blahhh blahhh. Got him to switch to atr and re did the whole car for --- I gave him pretty much 30 off the total price for tint and didnt charge for strip cause hes a mechanic that now does work for me :nono but I get more work and what not from him so it was a win win situation.

I remember when 3M started putting those labels on the film. I do believe it was to mimic

V-Kool's idea. The only problem is that the V-Kool label is on the liner instead of the film.

3M got it backwards :thumb the 3M rep told us they did it so there was no bait and switch.

Now LULU is doing the same thing but on the liner, problem is that it isn't very clear. :thumb

Archived