Filmcut/handler

Guest Tintbds

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so I made one last night out of 1" pvc. Tip: trying to cut a slit for the blade into the pvc is not easy unless you flick you bic on it for about 5 seconds then you knife will run right through it. Another problem was after setting the blade in the pvc then setting it on the tint box, the box was pushing my blade back up almost to where the blade popped out. However I only had about 20 minutes to tinker with it so I'll see if I can fine tune it a little better. So far I give it a :beer , looks like it will work. I've been contemplating paying $750 for a filmhandler, maybe won't have to now. Hey Tintbds, you'll be hearing from filmhandler shortly :lol2:lol2

Guest Tintbds
Ok so I made one last night out of 1" pvc. Tip: trying to cut a slit for the blade into the pvc is not easy unless you flick you bic on it for about 5 seconds then you knife will run right through it. Another problem was after setting the blade in the pvc then setting it on the tint box, the box was pushing my blade back up almost to where the blade popped out. However I only had about 20 minutes to tinker with it so I'll see if I can fine tune it a little better. So far I give it a :lol2 , looks like it will work. I've been contemplating paying $750 for a filmhandler, maybe won't have to now. Hey Tintbds, you'll be hearing from filmhandler shortly :beer:beer

Put the heat gun on the blade 'micro-edge' .

And slit have to go little froward to back so blade will angle in pvc-tube, this way it wouldn't be in the box way as you put it in place. :beer

I made another one for 3x20" stripes work smooth. place on 20" from end of 60" tint-box and pull center. The result was 3pcsx20" each. :beer:beer

remember I use tube-handle from turbo squeeze.

Guest Tintbds
I'm willing to bet, some film mfg. or tool co. will be selling them within 6 mos. to a year.....:beer

Pattent that chit Freddo....quickly!!!! :beer

Who willing to sponsor my idea? :beer interest anyone. I can fine-tune it.

Archived