POLL

Guest cherasia

Guest filmdit

Oh Shauna...

Are you asking about performance parameter sheet for a film product, which lists numbers such as solar absorption, solar transmission, U-value, TSER, etc. or a film-to-glass chart that helps determine what film is safe for a particular glass or glazing type by assigning a number to a film/glass combination for comparison with set application limits?

I've not heard it phrased the way you have; I.e., AIMCAL film decision table? :thumb

Guest cherasia

Sorry guys,

I should have been more clear. I'm not at my best in the morning and usually don't wake up until it's time to go to bed. LOL

AIMCAL - Association of Industrial Metallizers Coaters and Laminators -- puts out a publication, "Guide to Avoiding Glass Failure." At the end of this guide is a "Film Decision Table" where you include the window identification number, the glass type, the glass color, the glass construction, the frost point test, the thickness, the size of the window, the framing system, whether the glass passes or fails the moisture in the glazing system test, condition of glazing materials, solar exposure, exterior shading, glass surface condition, history of glass breakage for that particular brand/type of window, and the final recommendation.

Anyone use this?

Shauna

Guest vclimber

Yes, I have it Shuana. It's a 1998 publication, I have never used the film descion table on p.23. It is basically information in part that is used in most F2G charts to see what films are acceptable for a given window and the rest usually ends up on your bidding records for various uses.

It is however, a very good read, and something to be familiar with. I am surprised it is not referred to more because it is packed with good information about avoiding glass breakage... How did you stumble across a copy? :thumb

Guest cherasia
Yes, I have it Shuana. It's a 1998 publication, I have never used the film descion table on p.23. It is basically information in part that is used in most F2G charts to see what films are acceptable for a given window and the rest usually ends up on your bidding records for various uses.

It is however, a very good read, and something to be familiar with. I am surprised it is not referred to more because it is packed with good information about avoiding glass breakage... How did you stumble across a copy? :thumb

I've been cleaning stuff out of files here and found it in the back of a drawer. LOL But... you can find it online, too... I found about the same info on the IWFA site:

http://www.iwfa.com/iwfa/member_services/glass_failure.html

Guest filmdit
Sorry guys,

I should have been more clear. I'm not at my best in the morning and usually don't wake up until it's time to go to bed. LOL

AIMCAL - Association of Industrial Metallizers Coaters and Laminators -- puts out a publication, "Guide to Avoiding Glass Failure." At the end of this guide is a "Film Decision Table" where you include the window identification number, the glass type, the glass color, the glass construction, the frost point test, the thickness, the size of the window, the framing system, whether the glass passes or fails the moisture in the glazing system test, condition of glazing materials, solar exposure, exterior shading, glass surface condition, history of glass breakage for that particular brand/type of window, and the final recommendation.

Anyone use this?

Shauna

Well now I understand... but AIMCAL and the IWFA are two separate organizations.

That is a great tool to use as an installer.

:thumb That's hilarious, I could have Googled it. Darn! :thumb

Funnier... I did Google, however, I had no idea without more specifics as to what 'table'. I did get something out of it... an AIMCAL Q&A website that only a techo-geek could appreciate. :dunno

Guest vclimber
Funnier... I did Google, however, I had no idea without more specifics as to what 'table'. I did get something out of it... a AIMCAL Q&A website that is really the shizznet for techo-geeks. :thumb

Yep! All you can eat coating geekery there. :dunno

To my knowledge the chart Shauna is referring too is not on the IWFA site. I think they'd be embarrased to have there. Old school big-time. :thumb

Archived