Question For MM dealers

Guest bigboyk2000

Guest bigboyk2000

My company has used mm film for over 16years and I was doing an internal audit on my files and noticed that in januray '06 there was an 18% increase in the price of CS 20 40in, and 21% increase in CS 5 40in. In late '05 I received a notice from almost every film manufacturer saying that there would be a 5% increase due to raw material costs. Basically I am wondering if anyone else had this big of an increase in the cost of 3M film. There was another increase in september '06 of 5%. I called MM and I felt like they were just feeding me a bunch of BS.

Guest bigboyk2000

What Im trying to figure out is if they just accidently messed up the pricing on my account and are trying to not take the blame or was there really that big of an increase in mm film cost.

Guest darkdan

Were you moved from one distributor to another distributor?

That's what happened to me.

I was FORCED to switch distributors because the territories realigned. I lost my knowledgeable, helpful, friendly, and broken in (I'm high maintenance and low sales) sales rep and replaced with a guy that never calls me (and rarely returns emails) because he's super busy. But with all that came a HUGE price increase. To top it off, it now takes THREE days to get product instead of two.

I almost dropped 3M. I may still.

That's what happened to me.

I was FORCED to switch distributors because the territories realigned. I lost my knowledgeable, helpful, friendly, and broken in (I'm high maintenance and low sales) sales rep and replaced with a guy that never calls me (and rarely returns emails) because he's super busy. But with all that came a HUGE price increase. To top it off, it now takes THREE days to get product instead of two.

Sounds like you got the same rep that everyone else has

The bottom line is.. If the customer is sold on it, or you sold the customer on 3M you will have to charge more. The marketing of this brand is gearing to the high end. Hence plenty of other players in this game pumpin lower $$ products. and doing well. This is the price for exclusivity in any market place. :thumb

Archived