T-Shirt Question

Guest EddieK

To be honest-the Tshirt industry is leaning toward the computer print. Were investing in one this year-!!! :DD

must be nice to be rich

YOu got my Willie's shirts designed yet???????????????/

Guest tat2punk
Hopefully someone here has some experience with making T-Shirts....

I'm getting ready to buy a heat press and looking for some info before I make the purchase. I originally was looking at a 15 x 15 but found a great deal on a 11 x 15. Am I losing that much if I downgrade to a smaller press? Do ya'll that make T-Shirts use the full 15x15 area?

I remember the first vinyl cutter that I bought was a 40"....but I hardly ever cut anything over 24". I just don't want to pay the extra money for something I'll hardly ever use.

Thanks in advance!

Happy Holidays to everyone too! :DD

What I have been doing for a couple years now and it works out great for me is............

I will do upto 40 shirts on my heat press with thermoflex, anything over that I use a screen printer. If you do not have experience with screen printing or the money to get started find a local screen printer to do it for you. If you buy your own T-shirts and just pay them to print it for you, you can make a nice profit without really having to do any of the work. I do the artwork, send it to them along with the shirts and it cost me about $1 for 1 color printed per side(for 100 shirts), I get my shirts for about $.89-$2 each.

I make most of my money on thermoflex shirts. Here is what I did for the car forums I am a vendor on and make about 100-200 a week on shirts. http://www.clearlinegraphics.com/SRT_shirts.asp The advantages of the thermoflex is that I let them choose the color of shirt and the text/graphic colors. For what I do thermoflex is the best bet, plus they like the advantage of having thier screen names on the back.

As far as a heat press I have a 9x11 and that is fine for thermoflex, you can move it and press it again and again to get the whole thing. If you want to get the screen printed "iron ons" you will need a press that can cover the whole graphic with one press.

I have attached some samples of what I have done with thermoflex. The one of my boys in there xmas decorating shirts are very time consuming, just showing what can be done. I have many customers that pay $30-$40 for 1 off custom shirts.

custom_shirt.jpg

srtforumsbabydollv2.jpg

srtforumshoodiev2_ad.jpg

Archived