Horrible horrible tint job

Guest gronski

Guest gronski

This is my first post.

I have a camper van that I wanted the windows tinted on so I did some research and finally decided on a reputable shop (name whithheld until they get a chance to make this right) and a Llumar "Pinnacle" tint. It was not a low priced shop...

I dropped the van off last Saturday (Dec 16th) and the guys took one look at it and said they were only in for a half day and could I bring it back because they doubt they'd finish in time. I drove over 100 miles to the shop from out of town but the last thing I wanted was a rush job, so I left the vehicle and told them they could have it all week, and took Greyhound home. I called Monday to give them my timeline and they told me it was already done. That surprised me a bit, given what they said about not wanting to rush.

I picked up the vehicle Wednesday evening (mistake I should have done it during the day) so the van had two days in the shop already to dry. I did notice several cutouts and uneven seams (it is an older vehicle so there was no template in the computer - therefore it was hand cut) but nothing I didn't think I could live with except that the back window was VERY rough. The best way to describe it was: picture what a bad amature tint job looks like five years after it was done.

I spent quite a bit of time preping the window area myself (by prep I do NOT mean cleaning the glass - as I figured they had cleaners that they use, I mean removing any hardware that was attached to the glass, or screens in front of windws as I wanted to give them the easiest possible access.

What I ended up with were lots of bubbles on just about every window. It is very difficult to photograph because of reflections and focus issues but have a look at these photos and see what I mean. It looks MUCH worse in person / up close:

upperrear.jpg

upperpassenger.jpg

rearpassenger.jpg

passengerwindow.jpg

passengervent.jpg

Thoughts?

Chris

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VOLTRON

well in my oppinion there is way to much contamination in those windows. They are rubber gasket seals which make them harder to do and there will be a little more contamination on those type of windows then normal ones but in my oppinion the contamination is excessive.

Guest tintman AZ

Wow, are you sure you didn't do it yourself in the middle of the night, w/o your glasses, w/no light around at all? Man that looks worse than my first tint job. (2 weeks ago). Yea I'd take it back in a heartbeat.

Guest gronski
Wow, are you sure you didn't do it yourself in the middle of the night, w/o your glasses, w/no light around at all? Man that looks worse than my first tint job. (2 weeks ago). Yea I'd take it back in a heartbeat.

That is actually my main issue with this, it looks like I did the job myself (badly), I hoestly think I could have done better than the shop did.

Chris

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

this has got to be a joke. Why would you drive that far, spend that much money on a bus ride, pinnacle film, for an old pos truck like that? you would have been better off going to a hack shop.

Archived