Horrible horrible tint job

Guest gronski

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't mention your shop on purpose this time Sean..not because you can't handle the task, but rather I don't have it out for you and wouldn't be so cruel :lol2

Yeah, I wonder if he ever ended up getting it fixed ..I thought when you carry "F-1" , you've at least been semi - screened as knowing what your doing B4 representing that line of film..makes F! not look good for the quality installers out there that do a professional job and doesn't make the company look good IMO...hope that tinter had a "talking too" :thumb

Guest Key West
Wow man, thats pretty bad. However the first bus I did the more you cleaned the more you disturbed the grit, we ended up pulling all the glass out and waterblasting the seals clean, then cleaned per normal. I would definately get a refund and take the advice and get it redone by a recommeded installer off here...

Just curious, Did you pull the glass, water blast the seals, reinstall the glass for the same price as was originally quoted? Or do you charge enough to cover any unforseen problems? :beer

Guest Key West
That is shocking!

How they had the nerve to give that back to you and charge you money for doing it is beyond me!

They should have paid you for doing it becuase in my opinion the vehicle is now worth less with windows looking like that!

That aint gud dude! :beer

True, the shop should have said that the ONLY way to get a clean, professional job would be to pull the glass, and clean the seals, the re-install the glass and tint it, or sent it down the road. BUT I ain't pulling glass, cleaning seals and re-installing for the same price as I charge for a new vehicle. I'd rather not work than work for free. The sticker shock look on that customers face would be priceles if he'd have brought it to me!!! :lol2:beer (But that sucker would have been done right, and the custy would not be posting this thread!!) Ya get what ya pay for.

Guest Key West
Wow man, thats pretty bad. However the first bus I did the more you cleaned the more you disturbed the grit, we ended up pulling all the glass out and waterblasting the seals clean, then cleaned per normal. I would definately get a refund and take the advice and get it redone by a recommeded installer off here...

Even with a recommended TD tinter, the dude is gonna sh1t when he gets a price! Unless the tinter is a complete idiot! (And I don't know TOO many complete idiots on this site!! :beer )

I have a vanagon coming in on thursday. he is taking the sliding windows apart himself and reinstalling them after I tint them. the rear qtr windows are staying and getting blasted with my steam cleaner set to 70 psi. prolly lay them in dry and see if it comes out clean.

keep yur fingers crossed. :hmmm

I already explained that it will not be perfect nor even close , but it will look good riding by on horse back

after all that and a astronmical quote he is still going to have I done. :hmmm:lol2

well since someone decided to bring this back from the dead.... That vanagon I was talking about did come in, he didnt take anything apart and it did have alot of crap in the tint. It was just way too crusty. I hated every minute of the experience. But he HAD to have it tinted and even tho I warned him of contamination issues he still came back and complained :poop lesson learned: no mo crusty vanagon tinting for me. :thumb

Archived