Horrible horrible tint job

Guest gronski

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gronski
this has got to be a joke. Why would you drive that far, spend that much money on a bus ride, pinnacle film, for an old pos truck like that? you would have been better off going to a hack shop.

Ouch! Well...

I drove that far because it was one of only two FormulaOne tint dealers near me. Also my parents live in the same city as the dealer so I was going to visit them at the same time (It didn't work out that way but I kept the tint apointment anyway). I'm at my parents now for Christmas.

The bus ride was pretty cheap actually $25.00 as I got a student fare (I'm in grad school).

As for old pos truck, yup it is old (1986) but I wouldn't call it a pos, I'm surprised you can tell mutch about it from close ups. The 4WD campers are In restored condition they can actually be quite valuable ($30K-$80K): VW Syncro Campers . And while I understand they are not everyone's taste I love mine. Here is one of my favorite photos of my ride:

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r18/DoctorChris/da4a.jpg

In terms of going to a hack shop, judging from the job I got I would have to say that I did...

Chris

da4a.jpg

Guest haroldshouseoftint

There is a guy on here goes by TintWizard he is also in ontario I would get ahold of him espisally if you are there now for the holidays, he does good work, I don't know what film he uses, but hes no hack :DD:DD I feel bad for ya on that one, they should have never let that fly.

There is a guy on here goes by TintWizard he is also in ontario I would get ahold of him espisally if you are there now for the holidays, he does good work, I don't know what film he uses, but hes no hack :DD:DD I feel bad for ya on that one, they should have never let that fly.

TW too old to anwser the call on this one :DD

Guest filmdit

Three things I see here...

One old vehicle that's been driven and collected a lot of dirt in those window borders...

Not enough time was spent on this job...

LLumar does not have a Pinnacle film, FormulaOne does... and there are only three FormulaOne shops in Canada. I know of one in Ontario area and I know the owner and know he didn't do that. He's not capable of a bad install, period!

Something really stinks like :DD in this whole story.

Unfortunately, the resolution to this is through the installing firm.

Archived