Horrible horrible tint job

Guest gronski

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man I have ben working in a places that restore classics, mucle cars and anything that mignt be considered kewl to most folks all my life and you will find some of the guys that do this kind of crap really dig what most people dont I think your van is bad azz and I think it deserves a better tint job dont fukk with that tint shop get your money back and find somone on this site to redo it . I would love to but I am in TX. I know I would like to post the after pics on this site of that job and I would give a good deal just to do it . Maybe someone in ontario would do the same :DD

Good luck ,but I think you should tell that tinter he shouldnt be in business kwite yet he needs much more practice and you dont want him to hack that practice out on YOUR van and get a refund .

Guest gronski
Three things I see here...

One old vehicle that's been driven and collected a lot of dirt in those window borders...

Not enough time was spent on this job...

LLumar does not have a Pinnacle film, FormulaOne does... and there are only three FormulaOne shops in Canada. I know of one in Ontario area and I know the owner and know he didn't do that. He's not capable of a bad install, period!

Something really stinks like :DD in this whole story.

Unfortunately, the resolution to this is through the installing firm.

Yup the vehicle is old, and I'm certain window dirt played a part in this, I am not a tinting professional so I don't know how hard that is to deal with, I just know the end product looks like crap.

Regarding the LLumar / Pinnacle thing sorry, I am wrong I guess it is a formulaone tint not a Llumar one (I just saw a lot of Llumar boxes at this place so assumed it was a Llumar brand)... my bad.

I just got off the phone with the shop owner and he wants me to bring my van back Wednesday (after Christmas) to see if he can make it right.

There are three FormulaOne shops in Ontario acording to www.formulaone.com what is the first name of the owner you know?

Chris

Guest solarspot

I like your van :DD:DD

I don't like your tint job :twocents Older vehicles with windows like this can be a challenge

compared to the newer vehicles on the road. You must spend extra time on the prep

work (my case double) or you get what you have.

I would rather have a normal high performance film done right that top shelf tint done

poorly very poorly.

My opinion is get your money back and go somewhere else. :DD

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

Also. I would report that to formula 1. They screen thier shops ,dealers and installers to make sure that does'nt happen,so that only the best can sell their product. If you cantact them , I'm sure they will make it right to you,and hopefully rake that shop over the coals

Guest filmdit
There are three FormulaOne shops in Ontario acording to www.formulaone.com what is the first name of the owner you know?

Chris

He is owner/operator and a member of this message board... no name necessary, it's most likely not him.

1peec has a point, however, servicing F1 shops in Canada from the US side of the border can be somewhat restrictive for a couple of reasons that need not be said publicly... this one's up to the distributor, if it even needs go that far.

Any report on an F1 dealer should and usually is the absolute last resort after all other avenues have been exhausted... same for LLumar dealers.

Archived