can you heat gun the new lexus's front window's with the lamin

Guest samo2000

Guest samo2000

I'm really trying to stay away from ripping off door panels on these puppies and I noticed they also have laminated glass (WTF) -anyways I'm in the north east and with the cold I was wondering if you can secure the front corners with a heat gun? any help? :rollin

Experienced tinters that respect both the properties of heat from a heat gun and the fragility of laminate glass will do so with great caution , but no one here from this website should actually recommend it. :rollin

Guest haroldshouseoftint

completly different senerio that film is being shrunk on the outside, and installed on outside, they are talking about heating little creases from the outside once the film is on the inside :rollin

we pull all panels or at least pull the rubbers on all cars, so there shouldn't be anything in the tint that needs to be heated out. however if we are super busy and dont have time to let the film tack up on its own we put a little heat on the inside of the glass. basically heating the tint a little without getting the glass too hot. just a few quick swipes of the heatgun on low, over the top edge will tack it up very quick.

you dont wanna put too much heat on those because they are very very expensive pieces of glass. we do glass as well and get around $400+ to replace one of those, and you cannot in most cases put a regular piece of tempered glass in there.

Guest VaTinterPMan

Interesting so your saying its better to heat on the outside ( or well its different) like the glass with react different? so you could still pre shrink on outside then pull panel and stick it up and only use on low if you need to tack down?

I heat the top edge of lami glass all the time to help tack it up before I file the edge (due to plotters uneven edge). I have never had a problem heating laminated glass. I definently don't heat it as much as tempered glass though. :beer And I always heat it on the outside.

Archived