Cancer in the Devil

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tintin' Magician

I'm glad you brought it up, Boo, 'cause I didn't see it either! Dev, hope all is still well with you mang. I fear my dad has it as well, and it's been hell trying to get him to the doctor.

I'm glad you brought it up, Boo, 'cause I didn't see it either! Dev, hope all is still well with you mang. I fear my dad has it as well, and it's been hell trying to get him to the doctor.

Make drs appt for dad and tell him your taking him to his fav place to eat :lol2 When he asks where are we when ya pull up just say quick errand and get him to come in with you. Parents....their so stuborn :lol2

Just an update guys.

I had an appointment with my professor/surgeon yesterday to get my 4th "Zoladex" implant injected into me.

Got to have it every 3 months forever......slow release little bugger that works like Pacman searching and destroying any hombre cancer cells by attaching onto their receptors and killing them.

Well the great news is that my PSA level is 0.1 which is below the 4 level that should be normal for men in middle age.

My prof is over the moon with how well I've responded to this hormone treatment...really fantastic! :twocents

All the cancer is gone including that in my bones of my pelvis and top of my femur. The cancer had spread outside the prostate initially and into lympth nodes so it was pretty bad late last year when I found out about it by chance.

So I'm clean but it's imperative that I keep up with the big "Z" injection and monitor the PSA level every 3 months.

This injection costs about $1100.00 US a go but fortunately it's on our health free list and costs me about $20 US.

Enjoy life and there is more to it than tinting my friends but you men MUST not this warning go flipantly without taking any notice of it.

Get the message out so our family and friends are educated for I know what it was like to have one foot on the banana skin.

Cheers,

Dev

Archived