Tint That Looks 20% But Meters Legal?

Guest integlspwr

Guest integlspwr

My friend was telling me that some places sell tint that looks like 20% but meters a legal percentage. he also mentioned the tint is kinda pricey because its used on higher end cars like bmw, Lexus, Mercedes, Audi etc.

Anyone know which shops carry this type of tint and what brand I should be asking for.

Also not interested in mirror tint.

Thanks In advance.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ShadyKat
that doesn't answer the question, is 35% legal? if so 28% aint gonna cut it.

What he said! Here the local cops are on a legal tint binge, which they have not been for years, what once was OK is now shiot. It is just best to keep it legal, period. :shock

Guest Sprinter

if there was a tint that would look like it was 20% and was actually 35% but looked darker I would love to install this kind of film, I don't think it exist but were all hopefull.............:shock

Guest TintsOvOz
if there was a tint that would look like it was 20% and was actually 35% but looked darker I would love to install this kind of film, I don't think it exist but were all hopefull.............:thumb

:lol2 could be like the transition lenses ya get on those special sunnys? always hopefull :shock

Oz............... :lol2

Guest vclimber
My friend was telling me that some places sell tint that looks like 20% but meters a legal percentage. he also mentioned the tint is kinda pricey because its used on higher end cars like bmw, Lexus, Mercedes, Audi etc.

Anyone know which shops carry this type of tint and what brand I should be asking for.

Also not interested in mirror tint.

Thanks In advance.

Sounds like you heard a partial conversation about ceramic films. Pricey? Yes. Used on higher end cars? Yes. Look like 20%? No. Mirrored look? No.

Ceramic Films:

Huper Optik Ceramic

Madico MAC

Llumar ATX (I might get corrected on this one... :shock )

There are some others too but nothing will meter 35%vlt and look like 20% vlt. It doesn't work that way... sorry.

Guest solarspot
Sounds like you heard a partial conversation about ceramic films. Pricey? Yes. Used on higher end cars? Yes. Look like 20%? No. Mirrored look? No.

Ceramic Films:

Huper Optik Ceramic

Madico MAC

Llumar ATX (I might get corrected on this one... :thumb )

There are some others too but nothing will meter 35%vlt and look like 20% vlt. It doesn't work that way... sorry.

Maybe he meant looks like 35 and performs like 20 :shock

Archived