How to Double your Profits??

Guest Tom Cat

Guest Tom Cat

The owner of the shop has a lofty goal of almost doubling our profits. I am stuck with trying to figure out how to do this. :beer

We don't really do alot of dealer cars, and would like to steer clear of that mess, but I know That there is definitely good money to be had. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. :)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The owner of the shop has a lofty goal of almost doubling our profits. I am stuck with trying to figure out how to do this. :)

IF he is the owner why are you stuck with figuring this out :beer

there are many factors

How many days a week are you open

what hours are you open

how many tinters do you have

were do you advertise

what is you advertising buget

do you have a salesman

are you in a high traffic location

:) Stear clear of dealer work? Right now dealer work makes up probably 70% of my business. I love the dealer work!!! They are sooooooooo much easier to deal with than the walk-in clients. No dealing with the "what shade should I put on....what color should I use....what would you do????" If I had a choice, I think I would rather do dealer work exlclusively! But that's just my humble opinion :)

As far as doubling profits....just double your price! easy!! :beer

Guest Tom Cat

Good point. Dealerships used to be the bread and butter of the shop I used to work at. The only problem is that the majority of dealers around my part of Town aren't really high volume places. They are more worried about getting the car out of the door, so they don't even try to sell accessories.

the dealership accounts that you want to do are the ones that want to tint either all cars or at least all the trucks and suv's that dont come factory. the dealership accounts that just bring a car when a customer wants it are bad. but if they tell you to just come by when you have time and pick up a couple of cars are great. if you're good with talking to people you can convince the manager to tint all the rear sections of every car on their lot.

however I dont hardly do any dealerships anymore, we just tint their workers cars, and they refer their customers to us.

the easiest way to increase business is to do the best work that can be done, and be very informative and friendly to your customers. dont let thing slide, just redo it. a customer that comes back with a complaint isnt that happy even if you fix or replace it. its better to get it all done right the first time around. and talk to your customers, dont just leave them chillin in your lobby

Guest Tom Cat

Great advice. I used to do tons of dealer cars, but even once I stopped working for them, I would get calls from them on personal deals. Ipersonally believe that customer service is #1. I don't mind spending an extra few minutes explaining what they are going to get. I would rather do that than have a customer come back all mad because I didn't make sure they understood what they just purchased.

Sponsor a Little League Baseball Team.

If not in your local Chamber of Commerce, join.

Join a Bowling Team. It is handicap, so a low average is not bad, gives the team more pins.

Just a few ideas to get more exposure for the Business.

Or do what one Business in my Bowling League one year, they Sponsored my entire Team, paid all fees for the year, and if we won the League Championship, we would get $100 each. Only stipulation, we had to wear a shirt with the business name on the back each week, and they paid for the shirts.

It was written off as Advertising.

Archived