No Discounts Hurt Business

Case in point.

Guy joined our Bowling League and has a car Stereo Shop.

I had a car I wanted a Steroe installed into (I had the Radio in hand, factory unit)

He quoted nearly a full bill to do it. When asked what discount he would give off that price, he made it clear NO DISCOUNTS FOR ANYONE !

I went to another Stereo shop who did it for half a bill, and all car Stereo work went to this other guy who wasn't even in the Bowling League.

Had he given 20%, I never woulda gone to the other guy, and the first guy woulda gotten glowing referrals, and who knows how much business ? Due to no discounts, he came out with ZERO business, and no inquiries after my episode with him.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm..I'll remember to ask my phone company, hydro company and mortgage holder for a discount next time or otherwise I won't spread the good word about them. :beer

I've never given discounts and 22 yrs later I can still afford to be in business and have no problems getting customers , but that's just me :beer

Do whatever works :beer

This guy is still in business, but it was a good way to increase his business, and guess he decided he had all the money he needed and did not want any new business.

Then he made it to his comfort zone :beer

Guest willie
Then he made it to his comfort zone :beer

Amen TW

and guess what 123.... you dont get his tint referals from his stereo shop either

sounds to me like you hurt yourself just a much :beer

Discounts can bite you in the ass. Lets say he gave you that discount and in turn you give him a bunch of referals but you told the people you refered how much you paid then everyone you refered wants your price.

Maybe its me but I want my price and I will pay their price

Archived