Carpul Tunnel

Guest 21st Century Tints

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tom Cat

Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs when the median nerve, which runs from the forearm into the hand, becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist. The median nerve controls sensations to the palm side of the thumb and fingers (although not the little finger), as well as impulses to some small muscles in the hand that allow the fingers and thumb to move.

The carpal tunnel is a narrow, rigid passageway of ligament and bones at the base of the hand that houses the median nerve and tendons. Sometimes, thickening from irritated tendons or other swelling narrows the tunnel and causes the median nerve to be compressed. The result may be pain, weakness, or numbness in the hand and wrist, radiating up the arm.

The reason you hear so much about ti is because of the retarded amount of repetitive motions tinters go through, such as squeegeeing, scraping windows, using spray bottles with triggers :lol6:thumb etc.

Guest Tom Cat

I am strating to get pain in my shoulders from shrinking with 2 heat guns. Now I am getting pains in my wrists every once in awhile. Thats why we all need to make lots of cash right?? The average tinter probably can't tint forever. My boss has 25 years under his belt, but he's falling apart FAST!!

Guest 21st Century Tints

I have been getting pains in my left shoulder ( im left handed ) and weak feelings in my right hand , but mainly my little finger and the 1 next to it.

Like I have slept on it or something.

But you do a google search and it scares you .

according to google im due to have a Stroke in the next 4 to 5 hours, suffer from Carpul Tunnel and about 10 other things.

The Dr*gs they recommend give the possible side effects that im suffering in the first place.

I give up. Maybe I will be better in the morning. But which morning? :lol6

I get tendonitus sometimes in my wrist...hurts like a son of a (fill in the blank) . last time the doc told me to do some wrist and arm stretching exercises in the morning...before you start your work that it helps reduce that. been trying that and havent had a flare up since! :lol6 (knock on wood...ill prolly wake up with a sore wrist now :thumb )

I had steriod shots into the shoulder a few years ago, didn't help much. My shoulder feels like I need to stretch, I know to rest my shoulder for awhile when it starts to act up and advil helps. I worry about the shoulder more than my wrists :lol6

Guest darkdan
I get tendonitus sometimes in my wrist...hurts like a son of a (fill in the blank) . last time the doc told me to do some wrist and arm stretching exercises in the morning...before you start your work that it helps reduce that. been trying that and havent had a flare up since! :lol2 (knock on wood...ill prolly wake up with a sore wrist now :lol2 )

I had tendonitis in my left forearm on and off for years (I'd guess about 6). I got a book on trigger point therapy and it hasn't been back since I did it for a few weeks.

Archived