Tinting the line matrix/frit

Guest MidcoastMW

Guest MidcoastMW

Im looking for new strategies on tinting the line matrix up top on certain back glass.

What Ive been currently doing is just tinting as normal. Normal for me is squeeging a + pattern first, and then squeegeing horizontally into the corners on each quadrant. I use an orange crush with alot of pressure and only go over the film once. This works great for me and I RARLEY have any fingers pop up.

Usually I will get the lines to lay uniform using this method, but there will always be ONE or TWO lines that have a bigger air pocket around it than the others. :shock

Yesterday I did a Pontiac G6 and the lines gave me troubles!!!! I had to keep heating and hard carding them out, and they still didnt come out like I wanted. :beer

Im thinking next time I will squeege out the back glass with my usual method, only Ill leave the top line matrix alone. After the rest is done, go back to the lines and firmly squeege out from the center out to each side using vertical strokes. Do you think this would help??

If its dotz, I just vinyl....

What are your methods for the lines????? :lol2

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im looking for new strategies on tinting the line matrix up top on certain back glass.

What Ive been currently doing is just tinting as normal. Normal for me is squeeging a + pattern first, and then squeegeing horizontally into the corners on each quadrant. I use an orange crush with alot of pressure and only go over the film once. This works great for me and I RARLEY have any fingers pop up.

Usually I will get the lines to lay uniform using this method, but there will always be ONE or TWO lines that have a bigger air pocket around it than the others. :dunno

Yesterday I did a Pontiac G6 and the lines gave me troubles!!!! I had to keep heating and hard carding them out, and they still didnt come out like I wanted. :lol

Im thinking next time I will squeege out the back glass with my usual method, only Ill leave the top line matrix alone. After the rest is done, go back to the lines and firmly squeege out from the center out to each side using vertical strokes. Do you think this would help??

If its dotz, I just vinyl....

What are your methods for the lines????? :lol2

MD don't let those air pockets on the dots sickin you, remember those are refered to as pucks too.Pucks are bubbles in rasied areas mostly on rear windows, were heat shrunkin film does not conform. some types of film are more prone than others. try more wet sanding to level the doted surface, and burn the dots with some dot prep solution [i'm not familiar with the names but performance tools has it]. It will only get better with pratice.

Guest MidcoastMW

hmmm...

well like I said, for dots myself and customers alike have been very happy with the vinyl. But the lines..... you guys say just tint like normal.... are they laying perfect for you?? Because like I said, I'll have a few lines sometimes even only one that will have a noticable amount more air around it. My goal is to give the most 'uniform and even' look possible.

I just figured maybe you had some squeege tecniuques to use on them.... :dunno

Archived