Working with a Window Treatment Company

I set up a meeting with an owner of a national franchised window blind/shutter dealer in my area to possibly work out a deal using my window tinting services. I worked up some numbers and plan on letting him upcharge if you will, $2.00/SF above my normal modest charge per SF. Is this how an agreement like this normally works or should I just give him my charge per SF and let him upsale as much as he wants? I would say my prices are average for the midwest territory. Probably a couple dollars less per SF than most of my big name competitors that do very large jobs. I was thinking if he makes a sale for me thru one of his window treatment clients that I would just be like a subcontractor and bill him instead of the client. That way he can just charge the customer for the entire installation for tint and window treatments. If anyone else has done this in the past please give me a little insight on a deal like this. :thumb

Guest TintsOvOz

:thumb works well I do the same with glaziers and airconditioner companys, both products work hand in hand to give the customer more benifit :beer

Oz........... :beer

Guest dave1290

CE,

I work with quite a few of those type of companies. I send them a price sheet at the beginning of the year with their reduced price /sf. They can upcharge from there as they desire. It has been working rather well! :thumb

Guest windoworx

My policy is giving the referring company 10% of invoice. I am not comfortable with letting them do the billing. I figure since I have all the liability, I need to control the sale and pricing. My other concern is they can get greedy and will either overcharge or lose the sale. I don't like to see the jobs given away for too cheap. On the other hand, if they add too much, it inflates the price and customers will think that tinting is too expensive.

But if your system works for them, and you, and all are happy, that's OK too.

Archived