Marketing Idea

Being a college student I am on www.facebook.com a lot. Its a social networking site similar to myspace, less trashy and no scams. Its getting a lot of attention these days and changed from a student only site to public.

Facebook allows members to make flyers that are in small side bars visible whenever a student at a school logs in. Depending on the size of the school the flyer ranges from $5.00 for 10,000 flyers per day for my school, a smaller private school. The larger public schools around me are $20 for 10,000 flyers per day.

In my area noone is marketing themselves through this and its very cheap. You would basically be able to upload a smaller image, a title and plenty of room for text.

I will give it a shot soon, still working on a name. :dunno

I have a feeling it will work for me. Since I am on this site I have many friends on it who are local to my area. The neat thing about facebook is it has a stalker setup literally :lol2 . Anytime a friend of yours writes on someones wall, joins a group or does anything other then a message it is annouced to you on your main page when you log in.

I created a photo gallery with cars I have tinted. As soon as a photo is uploaded every person I know gets a mini picture of the car I tinted and my desc sitting on their main page. I have generated a good amount of work through this in the past few months.

here is a screen shot of the "home" page for me on facebook.

The photo's of the cute lush are a great example, you post up pictures with info and everyone who knows you sees them when they log in. :lol2

Its also a great way for employers to look up on potential employees :lol2 When

The ad space in the picture is larger than the flyer I would select. The flyer is in the same area and if nobody has purchased flyers it defualts to major ads.

facebook.jpg

Archived